my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Hosted Sites   » The Order's Diablo 2 Clan   » What's the best character to select in Diablo II?

Printable Version
Author Topic: What's the best character to select in Diablo II?
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2003 15:52      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

What character is the best share your thoughts here and argumentate about it!

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2003 15:54      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I think the Barbarian is the best character to choose because of his strong attacks on the last lvl. He is the strongest at the last lvl at least from where i'm seeing it, also he can take on a lot of enemies at once with his round attack. Though I like the Necromancer more because he dresses fancy and can make people mad by summoning legions of skeletons.

--------------------

quote:

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2003 16:08      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I think that the best character would have to be the Sorceress. If you have the right combinations of spells for the sorc, then it proves better than a barb. I like going with the Frozen Orb/Thunderstorm/Static sorc. I can freeze the enemy, let my TS hit them and then static them, so they lose a lot of life.

Barbs aren't all that great. Whirlwind is a good thing to have, but when you get to Hell, WW really sucks, because most of the enemies are immune to physical. Then you have to change to Berserk to be able to kill them.

If anyone wants, I could give you some help in creating a character. I know how to make the best FO/TS sorcs, bowazons, and assassins. I could post some stuff on here the forums if you want.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted October 14, 2003 19:04      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There isn't really a "best" character, so don't be fooled by those guides that tell you how to make an ultimate PvP or MF barb and so on. The best character is the one you enjoy playing most, even if it's not the strongest in the game. Here's my choice of best characters, so take your pick, CaliberOnzo:

Frenzy//Battle Orders barbarian:

Soon-to-be the strongest barbarian in the game, because Whirlwind will probably be nerfed in v1.10. Best swords: grandfathers, silences, doombringers, cruel colossus blades, combine them at your leisure. Dual lightsabre combo is great vs. lightning sorceresses (it renders you invulnerable to lightning), and dual Ali Baba is commonly used for magic find (usually people switch to Ali Babas and use them to finish off bosses, because their damage is rather unspectacular).

Whirlwind//Battle Orders barbarian:

Currently the most powerful character in the game. He deals a lot of damage, hits multiple targets, and enemies don't attack him while he's whirling. WW barb is pretty boring and unchallenging to play, because he's so strong, plus everybody seems to be using whirlwind nowadays. Best weapon: a huge sword or a nice axe. Stormshield is also a good idea.

Sorceress:

Most of the sorc skills are great when maxed out, so you really can't go wrong with any sorceress. Typically people specialize for two out of three skill trees. Then they max out masteries in their chosen trees and choose their primary and secondary attack skills in that tree. Every sorceress needs to have a point or two in teleport, and some people like to put several points in energy shield as well (in Diablo 1 that was called mana shield spell, and it was godly). Nice sorceress skills - nova, frozen orb, thunderstorm (I personally dislike that one), static field, hydra (I love that one), metheor, even blizzard, firewall and frost nova.

Golem//poison nova//bone spirit//lower resist necromancer:

Necros are generally considered lamest characters in the game, but that makes them fun and challenging to play. Necros who drag an army of minions behind them are considered annoying by most people, but a nice, elegant golem necro with good curses is a solid party character.

Paladins of all sorts:

My personal favorite for a looong time. Though pretty lame when on his own, paladin is probably the best party character, and most of his skills and auras benefit the party greatly. His primary attack skill should be charge, zeal or maybe even fist of heavens (it works nice when combined with conviction), smite or sacrifice. As for auras, almost all defensive and a few offensive auras are great. Fanaticism or concentration are a must for any serious paladin, and conviction and redemption are useful too.

Assassin with cloak of shadows:

The best player vs. players character. No character can clear a game of all players as fast as COS assassin...

Anyway, that's my opinion. It's up to you to create whatever character you like, just remember to ask more experienced players for advice, otherwise you might end up having a lame character.

--------------------

Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors.
But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2003 01:50      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
That is how I got all the info on making good characters. I had some high level friends, who would tell me what to put the skills and stats into.

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2003 03:10      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Hhhmm maybe it was stupid to put points into teeth.... Well anyway I could do one of these: Start over again or continue with the current character... What should I do?

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2003 09:57      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I found out that it's actually kinda handy against large groups!

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2003 10:44      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I never put more than 1 point in askill i wont use in the future
if i dont need the skill in order 2 get 2 d later strong skills than i dont choose it at all.
personnaly i think that the barbarian and the sorceress r the best.
fury or berserk!
frozen orb and fire wall and enrgy shield
or frozen orb with TS
even though TS is weakend in 1.10

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2003 12:15      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I could agree to that BTW where's the rest staying aren't there more people of The Order playing DII?

--------------------

quote:

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2003 13:31      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I would continue with the current character. If you ever want to make another character, you will know what not to put points into.

As for teeth, don't put too many into it. It sucks after awhile. [just testing my admin powers, everything in order )) -- Ratty]

[ October 15, 2003: Message edited by: Ratty ]

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 15, 2003 17:07      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Dont put more than 1 point in this crappy teeth.
In nightmare its completly useless,u should upgrade the bone spirit or poison nova.
when u get 2 it ofcourse...

--------------------

No one is perfect

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 05:10      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Haha I allready gave it 13 points! Haha That's kinda sucky ain't it well i've got some news for you guys. Yesterday server's we're down for a while so I started talking with some dutch chaps and I heard some great news about 1.10 they're making the Necro's stronger! Most of their skills and I heard something about becoming a Vampire when you weat Garth armor! Isn't that just great I will take great profit from it!

--------------------

quote:

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 06:04      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eh, but 13 wasted points is a ton. I'd restart with a new character if I were you, because later you will really feel the loss of those points.

My advice is that you build a paladin or a barbarian, necro is pretty much a character for experts. Paladin and barb are on the other hand much easier to play. Necro could be your second character.

--------------------

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 07:43      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I hate all others! I only like Necro!

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 07:44      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
And this vampire thing,is if im not wrong only if u get some elite uniqe item,i dont recall which exactly.
And 13 point r really sucky.I remember once starting over b cause of 1 waisted point!

--------------------

No one is perfect

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 07:48      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Well i've restarted as a Barbarian called AhmoenAtoep_oTO

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 07:51      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
why do u all add the _oTO?

--------------------

No one is perfect

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 08:40      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Because that's our clan tag! oTO means: of The Order

--------------------

quote:

Kilus Order Champion
Outsider
Member # 139

Rate Member

posted October 16, 2003 10:08      Profile for Kilus Order Champion     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like the druid, shapeshifting is cool and one he has a aura summon.

--------------------

ROAR

Posts: 4 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 12:20      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I'm stuck with the dumb barbarian now butI can only say one thing the game is friggin easy now [Constapated]

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 13:36      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
As long as u have the right equipment and skills...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 14:33      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rule #5: all characters must have oTO tag. If you want to join us, Gauss Bumper, you'll need it too.

--------------------

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 16, 2003 14:45      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Not a problem.

--------------------

No one is perfect

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 17, 2003 09:03      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Thought so...

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 18, 2003 05:02      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Mad Dog what do you think is the best character?

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community