my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Anyone want to be an Executive Consultant?

Printable Version
Author Topic: Anyone want to be an Executive Consultant?
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 30, 2003 16:23      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
With how things have been going in my life, I haven't been able to keep up with all the updates that need to be done with the site. So, I'm wondering if there is anyone out there (maybe shooter or Raymondo) who knows HTML and some CGI that would be willing to help me out with the site. Anyone who is interested, just post a reply, e-mail me, or send me a message on ICQ or MSN.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 30, 2003 19:29      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I would want to be one, but I'm not all too familiar with HTML or CGI, so I don't think I'll take the position.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 31, 2003 06:45      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, plus I'm looking for someone that isn't on the Proconsul. [Tongue Job 1]

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 31, 2003 15:25      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Well you could have specified that!

Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted August 27, 2003 11:40      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
Still need that Executive Consultant Scotty?

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted August 27, 2003 15:35      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So Ray or deemed-superior other would get access to that Proconsul Forum thing?......

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted August 27, 2003 18:28      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
No, they would just help Scotty out by helping with the website.

Anyways, Welcome back Ray!

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2003 10:10      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh well, forget it then.

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2003 11:31      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, they would just basically get to help out with the overall maintenance of the site and adding new things to it. Right now, yeah, I'm still lookin' for someone for the spot especially since I start college next week.

Over time, the Consultant may gain access to the Proconsul forum through certain circumstances (example: if the Consultant is workin' on an upgrade or something for the forums, they will be given access to the Control Panel and every forum along with that). However, I want to let all of you know besides the occassional serious business that goes on, there isn't anything of granduer to be found in the Proconsul forum. Sorry if that ruins it for some of you

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 31, 2003 14:23      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, I don't know if anyone is still interested in having this spot, but I'll provide more information on what I need right now.

I want to add sections to the site that will provide information in regards to the different weapons, ammo, armor, and other equipment from the Fallout games. (For instance, the section on weapons will include a picture of the weapon, along with the weapon's name, range, damage, and ammo type.) So I need someone who wants to play through any of the Fallout games again to acquire this information. Anyone interested?

Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted August 31, 2003 19:41      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
I'll be your Executive Consultant guy Scotty.

I only know HTML and 1 bit of PHP, here are some examples of my work:

Oh yeah and there 100% hand written in HTML

Bling Bling 1

Bling Bling 2

Bling Bling 3

Bling Bling 4

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 31, 2003 21:37      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hm, looks good. So sure, you got the job. Talk to me on MSN and I'll set you up with access to the site FTP as well as fill you in with more details and such.

BTW, I do the vast majority of the coding on the site by hand. There are a few exceptions, but those are rare.

Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted August 31, 2003 22:28      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
Cool however I won't see you in the next 7 or 8 hours because I'm just about to go to bed.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 31, 2003 23:51      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Dat's okay. Usually whenever I'm awake I leave my computer on, regardless of whether or not I'm by it. The only time I turn it off is when I sleep. So most of the time I'll be on but not by my computer.

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community