my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Daily Dan!

Printable Version
Author Topic: Daily Dan!
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 21, 2003 14:41      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, not so much daily as the creator hasn't kept up to date, but that's okay.

Anyways, for those of you who don't know, I'm now hosting Daily Dan, a post-apocolyptic based comic strip featuring Dan the Cat as the main character. It's rather interesting, and you should all check it out. NOW!

Also, the reason I am hosting the strip is because I have known the creator (Azure Stone, oTO) for some time and have been an avid follower of Dan the Cat (as has everyone at The Order). Plus, as a token of appreciation, Azzy edited this spiffy pic of me:

Even if you may not think the comic strip is first rate, you must admit the guy is basically a genius when it comes to computer generated graphics

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 21, 2003 17:45      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Pretty snazzy pic there Scotty! As for Daily Dan, yeah I've checked it out a couple of times. I think that they are really funny, and then there are those that get you scratching your head and asking what the hell is going on!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 22, 2003 08:40      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Man, those comics are giving me flashbacks of all the hours I spent trying to learn how to work Strata 3D (it looks like it was made using that)

Newayz its a pretty cool comic, its good that you got to host it Scotty!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 22, 2003 13:48      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Thanks As for the creation of the strips, I think the program used is Bryce 3D (not completely sure, though). I once tried using a program other than paint, and became utterly lost, so anyone who can do computer graphics is a genous in my eyes (but then again, considering that I used paint to create the logo for this site, I guess I have some credibility in the area).

Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted July 23, 2003 20:50      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
I'm just the worst person in the world for art, I've been been able to do it and never will be.

Nice picture by the way.

[ July 23, 2003: Message edited by: Raymondo2000 ]

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 24, 2003 08:28      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol I can draw and paint, but im a pretty average/crap computer graphics artist

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 24, 2003 10:29      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheh, I guess that's why we don't have any fan art around here yet

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community