my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » The Matrix Revolutions

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Matrix Revolutions
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 14:59      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I'm sure a bunch of you around here have seen it already, and I have too. So what did you guys think? I know I may be lynched by the die-hard Matrix fans, but nonetheless this is my review of it (which was written on a lack of sleep and stress, so it probably sounds a lot more harsh than I intended; oh well):

"The third installment of The Matrix has arrived, and I’m sure that I’m not the only one here that has seen it already. But still, I’ll give you my review of this movie.

After Reloaded was released, I thought it was an okay movie, but left something lacking. It didn’t hold up to what was in the first movie, and overall could have been better. Then I saw the trailer and commercials for Revolutions, and thought ‘Hey, the series has redemption!’ Unfortunately, though, I was wrong.

Revolutions drags the Matrix trilogy even lower. In Reloaded, I felt that there was too much fighting and not enough actual dialogue or plot. In Revolutions, the opposite problem is presented. The movie seemed to be half action and half dialogue. Maybe the script was bad, or maybe it was the acting, but it was a struggle to stay awake during the entire thing. In fact, one of the people I saw the movie with confessed to falling asleep during part of it.

Also, there was only one real fight that took place inside of the matrix, and that was a fourteen-minute battle between Agent Smith and Neo. This battle failed to really present anything new in the way of effects. All of the really good fighting ideas seemed to have already been used up in the previous two movies. That is not to say it wasn’t a fairly good battle, but it still lacked something.

Plus, to say that the end of the movie was satisfying on any level would be wrong. It left me and all of the friends I saw it with wondering what the hell had just happened. Yeah, there is an opening for another sequel to be made, but after this movie I think that all Matrix fans will be hoping that it does end here. I could tell you what happens and how it ends, but I don’t want to give away too much information. However, if you plan to see this movie yet, make sure you have about five minutes to spend after the movie ends trying to comprehend why the hell the makers of this movie decided to end it with such an anticlimactic flop.

However, this movie isn’t all bad. The only good part was the battle scenes where the machines penetrate Zion. This fight kept me sitting on the edge of my seat during its entire duration. Unfortunately, this triumph of the movie hardly can make up for the rest of it.

Overall, I give Matrix Revolutions two thumbs down. If you were unhappy with Reloaded, I would definitely recommend not seeing this one. You will more than likely be even more disgusted. I still love the first movie, but the series went downhill fast with the movies that followed it."

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 03:41      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I don't wanna know what is gonna happen I still have to go to it... So i'm not gonna read this because it's too big and the first thing I read was a spoiler.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 07:58      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheheheh, fine with me. And it's not even that long; only about 3/4ths of a page.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 08:22      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Yea I saw the 1st,It was great.
I saw the 2nd,It was full to no space with effects,great action,ok movie.
Then..I saw the 3rd.
After i exited the cinema i thought it was ok.
But then again after rethinking it,i figured that as scotty said half time dialog,quarter some kind of action,and last quarter i can define only as a big large usless crock of shit.

Yea i was really disappointed with the ending too.
This movie,well it ehmm.. sux!!!
Even when compared to the 2nd it sux,not to mention the 1st..

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 11:24      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I expected this movie, just like scotty, to be the redemption of the series... O god was I wrong. I was expecting so much of it i went and saw it at 6AM ON THE FIRST DAY FOR GODS SAKE!! I WAS UP AT 4AM to see it!! and it blew. it raised more questions than it answered.
ANYONE WHO HAS NOT SEEN THE MOVIE DO NOT READ THE REAMINDER OF THIS POST! [Hazard] [Hazard]

Its horraible but I realized that the Matrix series is the story of christ made to look really cool, thats it! All of the storyline is summed up by that. I was sorely dissapointed. If they do make another movie it will be called Matrix: Resurection, and i bet it will suck even worse because the matrix itself is pointless now... The Matrix series lost one of its most devout followers in me because of the third movie.
So long to a formerly great series

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 13:50      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well said. I think that a lot of people were looking forward to this movie, and a lot were disappointed. I myself would have been satisfied with just the first movie, and no sequels. The sequels, in my opinion, ruined the matrix.

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 14:14      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
The lack of greatness in the second one raised the expectations for the third one...

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2003 10:15      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I agree. I myself was expecting the third to be as good if not better than the first. Guess I was wrong.

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2003 11:24      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I was at least expecting for it to be better than the second, even if it was not better than the first. Oh well, so much for that...

--------------------

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2003 07:57      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
http://www.themeatrix.com/
lolololol

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2003 09:01      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
That is worthy of a: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2003 10:52      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Overly procesed foods.... Yummy....

--------------------

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community