my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Which graphics card should I get?

Printable Version
Author Topic: Which graphics card should I get?
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 13, 2003 19:05      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I'm upgrading my video card during the holidays as I said before, and was wondering what card you would recommend. Right now, I'm thinking about a Nvidia GeForce FX 5950, but I'm open to suggestions.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 02:07      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Radeon 9800!

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 04:49      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Look Scotty the card you mentioned is very good.NVIDIA products are almost perfect but before you decide what to buy read some reviews about NVIDIA's cards and then decide.because other cards are for games and others for offices (I am a fun of NVIDIA)

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 09:06      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
lol!
THERES NO SUCH THING AS AN OFFICE CARD NOWADAYS!
period.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 09:47      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Gauss if you look at NVIDIA's site you will see what i mean.Some specific models are for games

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 10:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, right now it is between the Radeon 9800 XT and the Nvidia GeForce FX 5950. I think I'm gonna go with the Radeon after all, though:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 10:42      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I see its slightly better than nvidias.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2003 11:53      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
also look at the quality of the drivers each company releases

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 10:38      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Drivers are Good
HARDWARE IS BETTER.
radeon produces superior hardware, therefore, RADEON IS BETTER...
As a computer tech for my school and a person who built my own freaking computer... i have spoken

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 10:44      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I built my own computer a few years back, but feel it's time for an upgrade to my graphics card, which was the only thing I really slacked on when building it.

Either way, I'm probably gonna go with Radeon, and buy a card on e-bay because I can get it cheaper there than at stores.

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 11:55      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Building your own computer usually ends up being cheaper and better than other PCs

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 16, 2003 15:17      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I noticed. The Dell I got a few years before building my own computer costed more and wasn't as powerful as mine.

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community