my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » The Picture issue

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Picture issue
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted February 21, 2003 14:37      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
hey guys ...
how do u put the cool pictures under your name?

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 21, 2003 22:07      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Just go into your profile and you'll find an option for it there.

It wasn't working before because of an unforeseen technical error that I had to correct.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2003 10:14      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Thanks for your help Scotty,as u can see I have updated my profile and added a picture too(good 4 me!).

--------------------

No one is perfect

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted February 27, 2003 08:52      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Now I have another picture issue:
when I take a screenshot,what i get is a black page.
Why?and how can I fix it?

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 27, 2003 16:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hm, what operating system do you have?

I recall having this problem on one of my computers, and I think I decided it was a problem with the game's compatibility with the OS. Anyways, I'll look into it when I get the chance and let you know what I find out.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted February 28, 2003 06:56      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I have win 98.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 28, 2003 11:41      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
That's what I expected.

I'll check it out and let you know what I find.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 28, 2003 16:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, I think I might have a solution. Download FAME and use that to play the game. Then, take a screenshot and you should be able to find it under the directory in which you installed FAME.

Another reason this might've happened was because you were trying to take pictures of a movie clip from the game. As far as I remember, F2 doesn't support that, though I could be wrong.

Oh, and just to warn you, if you do decide to use FAME, you might not be able to load F2 saved games without entering the game using it. To me, it's not that big of a deal but it might be for you.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted March 01, 2003 10:18      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I have already downloaded fame,but i dont have several files that it require for working.and the links to these files are not working well.
and no, i didnt tried to take a screenshot of a movie.

[ March 01, 2003: Message edited by: Gauss Bumper ]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted March 01, 2003 10:22      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I checked again and the Fame does an illegal operation when i start it.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted March 01, 2003 10:47      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
ok,I have downloaded the missing dll files.
I downloaded the mods too(car,weapones).
I entered fame,marked the black car mod(the 1.02 patch was already marked)and started the game from fame.
It started to run numbers about the 1.02 patch(something like 450) and when it finished it said:
Couldnt find\load text fonts.
explanation please.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 01, 2003 10:49      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hmmmmmmm........ strange...... I never had that problem. I'll look into it nonetheless, though.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted March 07, 2003 08:25      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
well,u managed to check it out?

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 07, 2003 21:18      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ugh, actually, no. It's another thing that I didn't get time to do yet.

Eh, my 'To Do' list is about five pages long now.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 09, 2003 15:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
A few things you could try is to make sure you transferred the required patch file from your F2 folder to the FAME patches folder. Also, you might want to try reinstalling the patch.

Plus, before FAME runs the numbers, it should have a prompt that says there was no conflicts. If there are any conflicts, it should inform you about them then. So make sure that you recieve that dialoge before the numbers run.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest short of reinstalling the game. If you do reinstall, though, make sure that you backup your saved game files so you don't lose 'em.

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community