my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » Fallout 2 Editor!

Printable Version
Author Topic: Fallout 2 Editor!
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 13, 2003 17:19      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
The Official Fallout 2 Editor has been released! You can find it at http://fallout.blackisle.com/. I downloaded it myself, but so far haven't had much time to check it out. It seems pretty neat, though.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 21, 2003 15:52      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
So Interplay finally released something official for F2, which is probably the best game in the series, and none of you guys bother to even check it out? Geez, what's that all about?

As for me, I did some pretty neat things with it. It just takes a lot of getting used to in order to get the walls and everything to line up. But with practice, I had no problem. It's a pretty neat program, and a fun way to kill time

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted April 22, 2003 06:47      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I've been too lazy/busy to use it.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted April 22, 2003 06:51      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Im downloading it now so ill tell u what i think Scotty, although im sure ill like it!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 22, 2003 16:03      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Aight, but keep in mind it might take a while to get used to the feel of it. I know it took me a while.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted April 23, 2003 09:16      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I have a fair amount of exp with RPG editors which are similar so I didn't have much trouble. You can sort of tell where things go because of how they were used in the game.
I liked it though!, its cool.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 23, 2003 17:42      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I have very little prior experience with RPG editors, so when I first opened it I was like 'What the hell is this'? But I got the hang of it fairly quickly after the initial shock passed.

BTW, one thing I haven't figured out yet, how do you create exit grids?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 23, 2003 21:00      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I would dl it, but I don't have the time to play FO2. I barely have time to come on the computer. Homework, work, and time with family since my grandma died over the weekend.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 24, 2003 06:57      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Sorry to hear Stapes, tough break.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted April 25, 2003 08:44      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Im not sure about the exit grids, I only messed around for about 15 mintues.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 25, 2003 15:57      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Dat's okay, I think I've figured it out.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2003 01:42      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I havent tried it yet.
what is it?
u can build areas for Fallout 2 or something like that?

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2003 07:02      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, pretty much. I don't think there is any way to actually play the area you create, though, which kind of sucks.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2003 10:58      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah but still its cool to see how those depraved poindexters at Interplay designed all the maps.

(sorry to hear about your Grandma Stapes, didn't mean to ignore that post before)

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2003 15:30      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Thanks Slurry and Scotty.

As for the Editor, I haven't even had a chance to dl it so I don't think that I will. If you can't play the map, I don't see what the point of having the editor is.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted April 28, 2003 16:04      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
It's just a nice tool to mess around with. It's neat, and I think it's worth your time to at least check it out.

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community