my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » Welcome to my first post =) oh yes, and i need help

Printable Version
Author Topic: Welcome to my first post =) oh yes, and i need help
Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted July 06, 2003 05:45      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Ok, i first just want to say that i think your website is great and that anyone that has completed fallout 2 (at all) must know what they're talking about.

I have this problem (for anyone to answer) where i am on my way to vault city from the den, and i stop off at a city that is just on the way, called Modoc i think.

Anyway, i was just wondering why everytime i do one of the missions their (ill explain which one) why i crash.

First off i go to see this guy and he talks about his famous jerky, and when i say bye he asks me if i'll fight the wild dogs cos they've been attacking his brahmin at night.

I said ok, and after i kill them all, and then as soon as i press combat to come out of combat mode, it crashes...i've done this 2 or 3 times now and im getting sick of seeing it , but i don't really want to miss it out.

Help me you lot please.

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Posts: 19 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 06, 2003 14:18      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Welcome to the Community, Harliquin.

As for your question, there is a few things you may want to try. First, make sure you have the latest patch for the game. Second, the brahmin that you're supposed to protect are in a different section of the town if I remember right. Anyways, rather than ending combat, if you have enough action points left you can try running to the exit grid. If you make it, combat should end automatically and you should be home free (providing it doesn't decide to crash).

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 06, 2003 16:59      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
That happened to me when I tried it awhile back also. I just got the latest patch and everything worked.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted July 06, 2003 20:04      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
won't my saved games go if i update?

and you lot talk about children at different places, is this with the update too?

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted July 06, 2003 21:48      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
hah you must live in europe, haha

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 06, 2003 23:08      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
FG, yes he does live in Europe. He lives in the UK.

As for the patch deleting saved games, I'm not sure if the European patch does that or not.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2003 01:27      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well welcome to the fabulous sanity free zone that is StGFC. And Scotty's site really is something isn't it?

lol if you think F2 is full of bugs wait until you try and play tactics!!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 07, 2003 12:02      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yup yup.

Also, you can get the F2 patch over on the Fallout 2 Downloads page. You can also get the children's patch, which will allow you to see children in the game, and the saved game converter, which should let you transfer your games over to the new patch. I'm not sure how this works with the UK version, though, so you may want to make a back-up of your saved games first just to be safe. Anyways, good luck.

Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted July 12, 2003 08:57      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
thank you. I'll try that straight away, i'm sorry i haven't talked a lot, but im at work during the weekdays and get extremely tired when i get back so i don't do anything i want to do (apart from sleep) until the weekend.

Anyway, so why is the european and american versions different then? I mean, wouldn't a US version of fallout work on my comp?

If so, do you think that you could tell me a site that would sell me it and ship it over.

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 12, 2003 14:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Let me know how that all goes.

As for the difference between the US and UK versions, I'm not completely sure what all is different. I know that the UK version doesn't have children initially, unless you use the patch for it. Plus, some dialogue might be very slightly altered. Aside from that, I'm not too sure what's different. Either way, a US version should work just fine on your computer, and the easiest way to probably get one in the UK would be to check Ebay.

Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted July 13, 2003 11:59      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Ebay.

ok.

well anyway, i got past my problem and im on a new one. When you go into vault city, they have a job for you to get rid of that nuke plant and i fix and stuff and come back and say its been dealt with.

The number 1 woman person is thankful but doesn't give my citizen papers and i dont know how to get em. Is it a bug or is she just being a bitch?

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 14, 2003 10:54      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Neh, I think you have to talk to McClure (if that's the guys name). He's in the same building as the First Citizen, so you shouldn't have trouble finding him.

Harliquin
Outsider
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted July 17, 2003 13:25      Profile for Harliquin   Author's Homepage   Email Harliquin   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
thanks pal.

I don't normally ask about these sort of things cos i like to figure em out myself.

But there are parts when it just seems like theirs something wrong with the game and not with my gaming skills.

--------------------

Ying or Yang?

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted July 22, 2003 08:46      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Sometimes if you don't do everything the right way with side quests it will just go into a dead end and you wont be able to make any progress cos talking to people wont give you the right dialogue. If you can't seem to do it just go back to a previous save and try try again.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community