my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » Me Wantee fallout (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Me Wantee fallout
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 13:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hm, nope, not off hand. If you e-mail me the file (Scotty_the_Great@stgfc.com) I'll check it out and see if I can find it.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2003 00:18      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
OK,Scotty I'II e-mail you some fallout 2 hacks which I have downloaded from the internet,not from NMA where you have to wait hours

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2003 11:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Alright, sounds good. I'll look into them when I get a chance, and if they are good, I'll add 'em to the site.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted September 21, 2003 08:18      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
I have e-mail them to you Scotty

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 21, 2003 20:15      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Thanks!

I downloaded them already, though don't know when I'll get the chance to test 'em out. I didn't have much free time today, and tomorrow doesn't look much better. Tuesday I should be able to try at least some of 'em out.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2003 05:59      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
how where they scotty?did you look at them?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 29, 2003 18:42      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
To be honest, I haven't gotten around to checking them out yet. I have been busy over the last week with getting a new room and moving, so I haven't been able to check 'em out yet. I should have time this week, though.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 02, 2003 13:09      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, I checked out the files you sent me, and right now they are causing game conflicts. I was trying to use Fame to apply the patches, but it kept crashing me back to the desktop. I'll keep trying to see what I can figure out, but that's where things are now.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 03, 2003 06:10      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
when I use them I don't see any problem

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 03, 2003 08:48      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hm, were you using Fame or did you apply the mods manually?

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 03, 2003 15:26      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
I were using FAME but I haven't installed the patch

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 03, 2003 16:20      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
That's probably what the problem was; I was using the patch. I'll try it without this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 04, 2003 03:16      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
scotty,I sent you those files because I want this site to be even better and because fallout is my favourite game

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 04, 2003 10:41      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, thanks

Once I figure everything out with those files, I'll more than likely upload them to the site.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 04, 2003 13:31      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
I don't wanna be boring Scotty but can you tell me if you know what is needed in order to make a fallout 2 mod?I'm interested in it

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2003 16:30      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
To make one? Um, not really sure. I myself have never really had the time to make a mod so I never looked into it myself.

Anyone else here know?

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 09, 2003 18:37      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
not a clue.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 17, 2003 23:19      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, jimtsoumas, I've done some more playing around with the files and seem to have run into a wall. Whenever I try to play the game without the patch and with the mods, FAME reports that there are no conflicts. However, the game loads and then crashes right away. I'm not sure as to where to go from here, besides to uninstall and reinstall F2 and not apply the patch at all. That might work, but unfortunately my Fallout 2 disk is at my home (I have the humongous install so never brought it to college with me) and I won't be able to get it for another month. Unless you have any other suggestions, or someone else could try out the files, I think it'll have to be put on hold. Sorry. [Sick]

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 18, 2003 09:40      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
the game isn't exactly crashing.look at the task bar carefully when you start the game. and something else,call me Jim

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 20, 2003 12:24      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
*nods* Yeah, I overlooked that the first time I tried 'em out. But now I am going through and trying out the files. So far I've tried out the one that changes the Gauss Rifle into the Geck Fire Flame Weapon. Very nice one.

Anyways, I'll continue trying out the rest this week as well and let you know what I think.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 20, 2003 21:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, jim, I have a question:
Could you tell me what all the files that you sent me are supposed to do? I have been trying to check 'em out during the past few days, and it has been difficult because I'm not sure exactly what I am looking for in each program.

I want to find out what files all work and upload them to the site this weekend (and of course I'll give credit to you for sending them to me).

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 21, 2003 10:07      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
well yes I can tell you.one of them makes Klint (at the start of the game) to give you every weapon and armor.Another gives you the chance to find Horrigan's armor in Klamath,I don't know yet where to find it.The DNA mod replaces the imporved flamer with a death claw launcher.Narg's replacement gives you a new hero called Smackrazor instead of Narg and Neonightkins vision makes you a <>.If I forgot anything else tell me ok? If I find more I'II e-mail them to you

--------------------

quote:

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 21, 2003 10:59      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
what do you mean by credit?

--------------------

quote:

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 21, 2003 11:26      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Sorry for the many posts but I also found a MOD for Fallout 2 vertibirds. I'm going to give you the URL because it is 3.30MB and I cannot send it to you by e-mail,so the URL is:http://freelancer.ag.ru/rebase/barracks/hangar/vertibirdd.zip

--------------------

quote:

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted October 21, 2003 12:15      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Credit = Scotty will say something like "Thanks to Jim for showing me this mod" underneath the download bit.

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 21, 2003 12:23      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Thank you rad

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 21, 2003 13:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ye-up. And thanks for the info. I'll continue to check out the rest of the mods probably Thursday and Friday, because today I have to study for midterms, which I have tomorrow, and I also work tomorrow night.

But I should have more free time on Thursday and Friday.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 22, 2003 05:53      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Ok Scotty

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community