my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 2   » Fallout 2 won't work! :(

Printable Version
Author Topic: Fallout 2 won't work! :(
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 27, 2003 13:32      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey guys,

I've got a problem I can't install Fallout 2 on windows xp any solutions?

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 27, 2003 14:06      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
I have winXP and I can install it normally

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 27, 2003 14:14      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I've got it fixed weird enough I could install it on a other pc with windows xp so I put the .exe file on floppy put it into the directory on other pc also copied the critter and master.dat files to the map and the data map made a .cfg file took a patch over it and then cracked it now it seems to work

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 27, 2003 16:17      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Very creative. I was going to suggest setting the compatibility for the *.exe file to Windows 98 and trying it; that might've worked too.

Oh well, at least you got it working now

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted October 27, 2003 17:46      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
XP?? I have xp, and it works... How odd....

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 27, 2003 20:52      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Works on mine also.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 28, 2003 01:27      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
you CAN install fallout 2 on XP BUT NOT fallout 1 (I mean normally )

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 28, 2003 08:53      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Yea it was kinda weird I installed it a while ago and it worked, but now the compatibility wouldn't work also I have tried that. I've heard about more people having complains with it maybe it just depends on the stuff you have inside the computer

[ October 28, 2003: Message edited by: CaliberOnzo ]

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 28, 2003 10:08      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
More than likely. And the compatibility thing does have issues, as in it won't work for some games no matter what you do. For instance, I still can't get Mechwarrior 2 to work on XP

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 29, 2003 03:08      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Maybe you should try the stuff that I did Maybe it works Cracks can fix it they are illegal normally but when you actually have the game they aren't anymore.

[ October 30, 2003: Message edited by: CaliberOnzo ]

--------------------

quote:

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 29, 2003 05:38      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
yeah you can look at............ eh Scotty can I give him a link with cracks

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 29, 2003 08:37      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, go for it.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 10:14      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
ok you can look at www.megagames.com for a crack about fallout 2 or you can try to find one at:www.cracks.am,www.andr.net I don't know for sure if there is a crack about fallout 2 at those two but try it you have nothing to lose!!

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 10:27      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, plus don't forget www.gamecopyworld.com

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 11:55      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Are you talking to me? I know all those website's plus I said all this to Scotty because mechwarrior 2 wouldn't work

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 13:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
*nods, then looks around*

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 13:36      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Oh I'm sorry CaliberOnzo I just was trying to help,SORRY OK?

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 14:59      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Why i'm not getting angry or something...I just didn't know what that all was about... And I allready fixed the Fallout 2 bit

--------------------

quote:

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 17:41      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
heh I hate my computer for some reason the games ive had for a while even though ive played them before, about half of them refuse to install ...very bizzare

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 17:50      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
U may want to consider formating...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2003 18:20      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
or maybe I could hit it really hard with a baseball bat!

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted October 31, 2003 11:51      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Yes that could be a solution but you may like to try the test over here: http://www.pcpitstop.com it'll say what's not ok on your pc.

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community