my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fan-Fiction Forum   » Apocalypse Happening

Printable Version
This Topic has a poll (Log in to vote)! Poll Question: What did you think of Apocolypse Happening?
Option Vote Count Vote Percent
1 (It Sucked!) 0 vote(s) 0%
2 0 vote(s) 0%
3 0 vote(s) 0%
4 0 vote(s) 0%
5 1 vote(s) 25%
6 0 vote(s) 0%
7 0 vote(s) 0%
8 2 vote(s) 50%
9 0 vote(s) 0%
10 (It Owned!) 1 vote(s) 25%
View Comments Edit Poll

Author Topic: Apocalypse Happening
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2003 18:04      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I finally finished the first chapter of my next fan-fic, which I have been working on since summer. I don't know if there will be another chapter, or if this will just be a short story. I guess that depends on your reactions. Anyways, here it is and let me know what you think!:

Apocalypse Happening

The two were gathered in a cold, damp basement. The building that stood above the dismal underground facility was surprisingly large to the point that one could say it was a mansion. The basement consisted of a single room with a minute metal table in the center. A solitary light hung down from the ceiling at the precise midpoint. This small bulb was the only source of light and was casting an eerie glow across the dark room.

The men sat across from one another at the table. They had known each other for quite some time, but there was still something of each that intrigued the other. Most conversations between the two consisted of one who spoke his mind and guided the subject at hand, while the other sat and listened, offering his input and inquiring further into certain aspects of what was said. This night was no different.

“You know as to why I asked you here?” the first man spoke. The house they were in belonged to him, which was a few miles outside of the nearby town where the other lived. He was fairly tall with long, wavy hair that often covered his eyes. Without a doubt, his eyes were the most intriguing aspect about him, as no one could ever read them for what he was thinking. Most people, after getting close to someone, can tell what was on their mind just by staring into the person’s eyes. This man was completely different, though, because all his eyes ever expressed was a hard gaze. Despite the fact that the gaze was not precisely cold, it was not a friendly one either. Another rather interesting aspect of this man was that his name was never mentioned nor inquired into, but rather he was simply referred to as Jade.

“Not precisely, but I am sure your reason shall intrigue me nonetheless,” the other man retorted, laughing slightly. In all reality, he had no idea why he was there or what was to come. All he knew was that, on this late Tuesday night, he had nothing better to do. His close acquaintance often worried him with what was on his mind, but he never spoke this, as he feared what it would do to their friendship. He had known Jade for a few years now, and during that time he had been both afraid and enlightened by his odd friend.

“The time is upon us,” Jade said plainly. His voice revealed no expression, as if the words he spoke were commonly known and did not need to be emphasized.

“The time?” the other laughed. “Do I dare ask what you mean by that?”

“But of course, Vestige! Otherwise I would have never asked you to be here tonight.” Jade’s voice had a dangerous livelihood to it. A huge smile had crossed his face. Silence ensued after he spoke as he waited for his friend to reply, but when there was no response, he continued. “Today is the last day of the world that we know.”

Vestige did not know what to say in response to this at first. He thought Jade knew nothing of what he was talking, but in the end decided best if he played along with the situation. “How can you know this?”

“Call it instinct, my friend,” came the response as Jade smiled. “I have been waiting for it, feeling it approach, and finally I know now that doomsday is going to arrive!”

“How can you be sure? I don’t wish for you to take offense to this, but in all seriousness Jade, you’re not a psychic.”

“Ha! Not a psychic, but perhaps a psycho!” Jade laughed, as if his comment was a joke. “I never spoke this before to anyone until tonight, but I know when something bad is going to happen in the world, especially within the United States.”

“Granted, Jade, with all we have been through in our lives, don’t you think it just may have made you a bit paranoid?”

“You want to know when my ‘sense,’ so to speak, started?” There was no response offered to Vestige’s question, for Jade felt there was not time for that. A brief silence ensued once again, and then his friend sighed and responded.

“If you feel you want me to know, Jade, I will hear you out.”

“Glad to hear!” came the excited answer. Then, he continued with a serious tone. “You remember back when everything started, right? The date was September 11, 2001, a day that will never be forgotten. That day served as a wake-up call for those who knew enough to embrace it. The good ole Taliban began the end of the world.”

“Yes, if you see it that way, but what does that have to do with anything? Really, Jade, is there a point to this?” Vestige was not being rude, and his friend knew this. A lot of their conversations went about in this manner.

“Of course, of course. Vestige, by now you should know that there is always a point to the words that I speak.”

“How, though, could one terrorist act lead to the destruction of the world?”

“In due time, you will understand. Everything that happened after September 11 was entangled with that date.”

“Everything?”

“Well, not precisely all things. My point is that the events that are leading to the end are all a result of the first terrorist attack.”

“So if September 11 would have been prevented, we wouldn’t have to worry about anything further?”

“Yes, but you know that could have never happened.”

“Tell my, Jade, why do you say that?”

“I feel you already know, Vestige. When we take a look at other countries during the previous months and even years prior to the attack, what do you see? Without a doubt, the sight is that of a prepared country. They knew that at any time a terrorist attack could occur, and they were ready and willing to prevent it.”

“And that’s to say that America wasn’t willing to prevent it?”

“Not so much to prevent, but we were not ready for one. No one in this country thought that something of that magnitude could happen to the grand essence of the United States! So many Americans perceived this country as untouchable by anyone or anything, as a superior amongst all other countries that no one would never allow the thought that a terrorist attack of that magnitude could happen here to enter their minds.”

“Perhaps you are right, but I refuse to lose faith in my country.”

“I’m not asking for your faith to dwindle, Vestige. I know I for one did not allow mine to become completely depleted, because I am at heart an American and feel obliged to believe the best I can about my country.”

“With you, though, I doubt that you believe as much as you used to.”

“I watch our mistakes on the news, and they do take away some of my confidence in this country. Regardless, however, I won’t ever stop believing at least a little that this nation is as grand as everyone residing here thought it was.”

Vestige solemnly nodded at this remark, and then said, “So even when the world ends, you are still going to stand proudly and proclaim you are an American?”

“Perhaps,” Jade replied. “Now, shall we get back to the main topic?”

“Yes, we have gotten quite off-topic.”

“Okay then. The days before September 11, I felt depressed. I felt as if something bad was about to happen.” He paused and smiled across the table. “When it happened, it was almost like music to my ears. I had known something horrible was going to occur, and now that it had I needed not to worry further. However, I did worry. Don’t get me wrong, Vestige, I mourned with the rest of America for the weeks, even months perhaps, after that fateful day. I’m not coldhearted.”

“I never said you were.”

“But still, that’s beside the point. I’m getting off track again. After the U.S. along with the United Nations sent in forces to clear out the Taliban, most thought it was over. Many Americans resumed their lives and tried to forget about what had happened. I knew that it wasn’t over, though. Even without the Taliban, there were still other organizations out there.”

“Other organizations? Do you mean the Harakat ul-Mujahidin?”

“Of course, Vestige. You know precisely I mean them, and even before they made their move, I knew it was going to be them.”

“But how could you, Jade?”

“It’s all simple, really, if you look at the facts.”

“Which facts?”

“I did research,” Jade replied. “I found out about different terrorist organizations and just deduced that they were likely to attack.”

“What did your research uncover?” The term was spoken almost sarcastically, or perhaps as if in slight vain, but this seemed to go unnoticed.

“Ah, Vestige, I knew you would ask. That is where it gets interesting. In early 1998, February I believe it was, bin Laden established the ‘Islamic World Front for the Struggle Against the Jews and the Crusaders.’ It was basically a group of various terrorist organizations that felt they were fighting for the same cause. Of course, their cause included a holy war against all that either opposed or didn’t agree with them, with the United States being no exception. Well, when bin Laden established this group, one of the prime leaders of the HUM signed immediately.”
“But did they sign with cause?”

“For how they saw it, yes. In 1997, the United States added their little organization to its list of foreign terrorist groups.”

“Still, with all that in mind, it doesn’t make sense that they would take such extreme actions.”

“Ah, but it does. They wanted revenge. In August of 1998, just months after they signed with Osama, the United States decided to do the world a favor and bomb the group’s training camps in Khost. Of course, the Harakat ul-Mujahidin suffered casualties.”

“Okay, so maybe that makes a little more sense now, Jade, but why did they sign with bin Laden?”

“Simple. They shared the same interests as the rest of al-Qaeda.”

“Was that why the United States bombed their training camps?”

“Not entirely. They bombed the camps because they wanted to get rid of any terrorist groups that were associated with bin Laden. The HUM fit the description.”

“So now are you going to tell me you perceived their attack as well?”

“Vestige, you are a wise man. Why do you ask questions when you already know the answers? Days before New Years Eve I could feel it. It was 2010, remember? The last day in the year, everyone was celebrating, but now that day will never be celebrated in the United States ever again. Too many would feel guilty about it.”

“Of course. They would want to mourn instead at the great loss we suffered.”

“Yes, but remember, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.”

“As to mean what exactly?”

“Vestige, it is very simple. We mourn while they celebrate their success. On the other side of the world people are partying like we used to, while all Americans turn on their TV and watch pictures of the event roll over the screen. You know it happens, and what makes it worse is that the press won’t let us move on. We mourn until we finally feel it has passed, but then New Years Eve is here again and once again we are reminded of what all happened. Seeing it is more powerful than saying it.”

“Doubtlessly, Jade, but need I remind you you’re getting off topic again?”

“Sorry, you’re right, I should continue. You remember that we were planning to be there Vestige? Of course you do. We were planning it for years, saving up money, and thinking about how grand it would be. Our tickets were bought and the hotel arrangements were made. We were going to New York City for the grandest New Years Eve celebration in the country!”

“That I do remember, but that never happened.”

“A sudden blizzard grounded all airlines in this state. It occurred on the day we were to leave as well, which does make it worse. However, I felt relieved that day.”

“You knew then already?”

“I think how early I know depends on how bad the event is going to be. That, though, is now again beside the point and will get us off topic. Seeing how time is short, I want to avoid such a course of action. Now, please remind me, Vestige, where was I?”

“You were just telling of when our flight was cancelled.”

“Oh yes, now I remember. When New Years Eve finally arrived, I was sitting home alone, watching live coverage of the NYC party. If I recall correctly, Vestige, you had attended a local party that night.”

“That’s correct. I had asked you along, Jade, but you refused.”

“Ha! That’s because I knew it would happen. The countdown was on, and I was worried. It was almost as if time was going in slow motion during the last ten seconds. I knew that this wouldn’t be just a countdown to the next year, but also until when it would occur.”

“And you were right, Jade?”

“You know I was just as well as I know it. The last second was reached, and it happened. TV cameras were destroyed instantly, leaving nothing but a blank screen to look at. Then, one station came on the air from a TV helicopter that was some distance away. I don’t recall which station it was, though, but it doesn’t matter anymore. It came on just on time for viewers to see the mushroom cloud in the night sky.”

“You were right, then?”

“From all perspectives, yes. Something bad did happen, and the HUM was responsible.”

“Did you know what our reaction would be?”

“Yes. If we would send our own nuclear weapons at the enemy, it would have arose controversy throughout the world. Even if other countries in the world didn’t see us the same way, America perceived itself as a prestigious nation. Regardless of that, though, if we had used nuclear weapons against our adversaries, those countries that did stand by our side may not have continued to do so. It would have not been good for us in any way, so we went with the same strategy we used against the Taliban.”

“And of course, you knew we would be successful there as well, Jade?”

“Knew it?!” Jade laughed. “Hell, what else would happen? Vestige, really, we have always exerted military superiority, even when the odds were against us.”

“Yet, though, the victory didn’t please you.”

“Not in the least, and why would it? I was glad that we gained our revenge for the travesty, but would that matter in the end?”

“You believed none of it would matter.”

“Precisely.” Jade reached into his pocket then and pulled out a large cigar. He then proceeded to swiftly light it. The whole time, Vestige waited for him to continue. “The reason none of it would matter was because I knew we would all be dead in a few years anyway. And can you say I was wrong?”

“Right now, I have no choice but to say you are wrong, Jade, and you know this.”

“Ah, but do you really believe that? You have known me for a long time, perhaps too long but that again is another matter.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Vestige, don’t worry yourself about it. I said it was another matter, and that it shall remain because time dwindles to its end. Hm, perhaps I am partially wrong, however, when I express that we would all be dead. Instead I should have said that the world as we know it would be over and many people would be dead. To guarantee ones death in any situation is not possible, unless in certain instances.”

“That still doesn’t change the fact that I am doubtful of what you say. The year is now 2012. A few years have passed since the NYC bombing, and now you claim that the world will end momentarily. Hypothetically speaking, if you are right, then you must have a great sense for disaster. Perhaps you have a psychic ability to predict such things. Of course, this is all hypothetical, and in reality you have no proof for what you say.”

“You’re right on that matter, because I never spoke with anyone about it previously, neither before nor after these events happened. I didn’t say anything before because if I were to be wrong I would be laughed at, and after no one would believe me.”

“But now you express you’re beliefs freely, Jade. Why?”

“Not freely, only to you and only in a small, damp basement. That is hardly freely, don’t you think?”

“Yes, true, but you know what I meant.”

“That I do, Vestige. I tell you now what I know for a simple reason. When it first happened on September 11, I felt it was coincidental. When I felt it was going to happen on that tragic New Years Eve, I was doubtful and worried. I was unsure if I really possessed that certain power. Now, however, after accurately predicting two events, I feel I must be right on for the third as well.”

“Maybe so, but have you considered what would happen if you were wrong?”

“Not in the least, because I won’t be wrong.”

“You’re confidence is astounding, Jade. I must say, it even worries me slightly.”

“I know what you mean, Vestige. You’re mind refuses to comprehend the possibility that I am correct in my speakings. Yet there does exist that part in every man’s mind that makes them willing to believe, and that part scares you, doesn’t it, Vestige?” Jade, who was now finished with his cigar and tossed its remains on the cement floor, watched as his friend nodded in confirmation. “Still, no matter which part of your mind you want to listen to, you are intrigued by what I say and wish to know how it will happen.”

“At any rate, I was sure you would tell me sooner or later.”

“You were sure I would tell you, and yet the event never happened and I can confirm that it will occur. You accept your own predictions of the future but won’t listen to anyone else’s?”

“I never thought of it that way,” Vestige replied as his voice trailed off.

“Of course not, Vestige! That’s why I’m here, to think of this shit for you! Now, yes I will tell you how it will happen, but would it not be more fun if you told me?”

“What do you mean?”

“I am not the only one that knows. Anyone that keeps up on current events can piece together how it will happen. The only thing that separates me from them is that I can predict when it will happen.”

“I’d much rather not say, Jade.”

“I know it is not in your nature to talk about such things, and I’ll respect that enough to tell you what you already know. The United States and Russia have agreed that, in order to reduce leftover tensions from the Cold War era, each nation would reduce their nuclear weapons, correct?”

“Yes, I do recall hearing about that on TV one day.”

“Yeah, one day and one day only, Vestige. It’s strange how so many other lies received such an abundance of coverage, while this one only had a brief moment in the spotlight.”

“You feel that Russia is building up nuclear weapons?”

“Ha! You make it all seem so one-sided!”

“And you are to tell me that both nations are involved in the same activity?”

“Exactly, Vestige. Why wouldn’t they be, especially the United States? We have suffered two serious terrorist attacks already, and it is amazing that we have had enough sense to not use nuclear bombs. However, we are preparing for the next one. The government fears that after the next terrorist attack, they will have to bring out the big weapons to completely level the playing field in their favor. The USA is tired of being injured.”

“How does Russia fit into this all, though?”

“Simple. Russia knows that America is preparing for the next attack. They know that the United States is going to bring out the A-Bomb the next time. Americans have no patience for such things. If they don’t see the outcome that they want right away, they will resort to a more grand, or forceful, way of receiving the results they want. However, once we annihilate one country, what is to prevent us from moving on to the next?”

“That’s absurd! We would never do anything like that. You and me both know that!”

“Yes, we know it, the rest of America knows it, but does Russia know it? Of course not. They perceive it as a potential threat to their country and the whole world. Russia is worried that America will become a power-crazed nation that will stop at nothing to conquer the world. Vestige, Russia is building up nuclear weapons as fast as we are, if not faster.”

“What will it matter, though, if we don’t suffer another terrorist attack?”

“We won’t have to. Russia is looking at their powers growing. Their government is watching as their weapons multiply in numbers. You see, Vestige, it’s like a kid in a candy store. The child walks past one piece of candy and pays little to no mind to it. Then, he proceeds to pass by five pieces of candy. As he passes this new find, he pauses for a brief moment, but then continues onward. Next, the child comes across a pile of twenty pieces of candy, which he again stops to admire. This time, though, a little drool rolls down his face. Finally, he overcomes the urge to start grabbing and eating the candy and moves on. Lastly, the child arrives at a large pile of fifty pieces of candy. The child is overcome with eagerness to have it all, and quickly dives into the pile. You see, Vestige, the Russian government is like that small child in that store, and their candy of choice is nuclear.”

“You feel Russia will attack, then, correct?”

“Is that not exactly what I just said? Russia is watching their arsenal of weapons grow, and they just can’t wait to give them a try. What’s the point of having power if you can’t show it off to the world?”

“There has to be more to it than that. I can’t help but insist that Russia won’t attack simply because it has numerous atomic weapons. The former USSR may have committed such acts, but the current Russian government requires more of a motive.”

“Ah, Vestige, I knew you would bring that up. You are in fact correct, though, because there was something more. As I said before, there was left over tensions between the two nations from the Cold War Era. Basically, the fire of hatred still burns rather brightly, and the flame continues to grow further. Vestige, you do recall that when the United States went to war with Iraq that Russia was against it, right?”

“Yes, I recall that.”

“Russia, along with many other nations, objected to the United States’ war actions. They did not want war nor saw good reason or cause for it. However, our country openly ignored their opinions and defied the United Nations anyway. As a result, a lot of nations began to hold a grudge against us. They took it as a personal insult that our country would be so arrogant. Russia, especially, hated our actions. This gave the Russian government an incentive for revenge, which just strengthened its determination to attack. Basically, the United States of America and Russia will go to war, and it will be nuclear as many feared. The war will not only include these two nations, though. As I said before, the whole world will be affected and attacked. Russia wants eagerly not only to show off its power, but to conquer the world and especially destroy the United States.”

“And how soon will this happen?”

“Tonight, undoubtedly! Any moment now, from what I can tell, the beginning of the end will occur.”

Vestige smirked, half to himself, and half to his good friend. “Jade, I hope you don’t take offense to this, but your whole story is implausible.”

“Yes, I knew you would think that, but once the end is here, will you still refuse to believe?”

“I’ll tell you what. If the end of the world does occur as you claim it will, I shall then believe every word of what you said tonight.”

“Vestige, you are one who has to see to believe, so I will not argue right now about my validity. Instead, I will take comfort in the fact that, once you see the destruction, you will believe me.”

“With that in mind, what should we do for now to pass the time?”

Jade smiled back. His smile showed extreme excitement. He laughed slightly, more to himself than to his friend, and finally said, “Nothing, Vestige. No need to wait when the time is now.” Then suddenly, as if the words Jade spoke were the cue, a deafening roaring sound that appeared to originate outside could be heard. The utter intensity of the occurrence was enough to force Vestige to hastily place his hands over his ears, all the while Jade laughed to his own delight. The noise then faded as quickly as it had arrived.

“What was that?”

“The sound we just heard, Vestige, was a nuclear bomb exploding on American soil, courtesy of Russia, of course.”

“Bull shit! It can’t be!” Vestige was disillusioned by the whole night, and although he partially feared his friend was right, he refused to accept it. Instead, he felt he had to know for himself. Without another word, he darted out of his chair and quickly ascended the flight of stairs.

Jade heard the sound of his friend leaving the house once he reached the first floor, but cared not a bit about it. He did decide, however, that he wanted to see his prophecy unfold for himself. With that in mind, he slowly rose to his feet and began to ascend up the stairs. Jade was in no hurry because he knew what he would find. He was, however, greatly relieved that the day he yearned for had finally arrived. He reached the top of the flight of steps and proceeded through the door that connected the basement to the first floor of the house. He glanced over, out one of the windows, and noticed that the weather had taken a turn for the worse. A sever thunder storm had broken out. Quick flashes of lightening illuminated the sky, and the thunder that resulted from the stroke was loud and threatening. Jade paid no mind to the storm, though, and instead walked out the front door to join Vestige outside.

“It was just thunder, Jade. There was no nuclear bomb that went off. Everything is fine.”

“You see, Vestige, that is where you are wrong. It was not thunder that caused that sound. I have been in my basement during many intimidating storms, and not once have I ever heard thunder that loud.” Just then, a bright flash of lightening struck a tree that was standing at the far edge of the spacious yard. Time seemed to proceed in slow motion during the instant that the lightening collided with the tree. The moment contact was made, immense light radiated from the tall oak, causing the entire yard to be temporarily lit. Then, the tree seemed to explode. Bark flew off, and fell to the ground like the raindrops that were being unleashed from the clouds above during the same moment. The tree itself split into two seemingly perfect halves. As a result of the catastrophic event, the sound of a clap of thunder mixed with that of an explosion filled the air, which caused each person present to cover his respective ears. After silence returned, Vestige was the first to speak.

“You see what I mean? That was as loud as what we heard in the basement!”

“Come with me if you refuse to believe my words! Maybe you’ll believe the press instead!”

Vestige could hardly hear what his friend said over the sound of the storm, but as Jade rushed into the house, he felt he had no choice but to follow. Quickly, he dashed after his companion. When he arrived inside, he found Jade searching for the television remote in the family room. “What the hell do you think you’re doing? Did you not see that tree get struck? Watching TV during a storm like this is not a good idea, and you know that!”

“Yes, but I have to be sure. Just like you have your doubts, I still have mine. Granted, they are few, they still exist and need to be put to rest.” Jade finally found what he was searching for. Quickly, he flipped on the television that sat across the room.

Both friends watched in shock as the words ‘Breaking News’ flashed across the screen. A female newscaster then appeared on the television. The woman was sitting behind a standard news desk. Interestingly, she was not wearing the typical newscaster attire. It was obvious that she didn’t have time to prepare to be on TV, but instead was rushed to the desk to deliver this breaking news to the public. She appeared to be very flustered and worried about something. Nervously, she shuffled the papers that were in front of her, and then began to speak. “Ladies and Gentlemen of the United States of America, we have some breaking news this evening that affects us all. Five nuclear missiles have been launched at the United States of America, all of which landed precisely on their intended targets. The missiles struck Washington D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles, Tampa, and Dallas. It is my unfortunate duty to inform you that, when Washington D.C. was struck, the President was occupying the White House. It is believed that he is dead, along with all other government officials that were in the area.” The newscaster broke off, becoming rather emotional over the situation. She was beginning to sob, and reached up with one hand to wipe tears from her eyes before continuing. “There are also reports of nuclear weapon strikes against targets throughout Europe and the Middle East. However, it is expected that other countries throughout the world have been hit, as communications to many nations has been lost. More nuclear bombs are expected to be launched shortly, providing they are not already on their way to their destinations.” The woman then broke into an all-out cry, crossing her arms on the desk and resting her head on top of them. She audibly whispered to someone, “Cut, I can’t go on anymore.”

“You have to, we just received more information,” a man that was off-screen said, and then a hand reached to the woman and handed her more papers.

Taking a deep breath and gathering all the nerve she had left, the female continued. “It has now been confirmed by our sources that the missiles originated from Russia, and more are expected to arrive shortly. The armed forces of the United States have reportedly begun to retaliate with nuclear weapons of their own.” She tossed down the papers then and took another deep breath. “Citizens of America, I urge you to hug and hold you’re loved ones. I urge you to tell them how much you care about them. I urge you to let them know now what you truly feel about them. There is no time left to say ‘I’ll get to it tomorrow’ or ‘Give me another day’. That time has passed, and the end is here. Mend your ways, tie up lose ends, and do it with haste, for there will not be a tomorrow.” The television screen then turned to complete static.

[ February 05, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

[ February 05, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2003 21:17      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Oh, and yeah, don't use comments to say what you thought. Those are just annoying and useless, especially since there is no real way to reply to them. The pole is there just for a rating system. That's it. So don't be lazy and actually post

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2003 21:19      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Well, the story itself couldn't really hold me on the edge of my seat as I was hoping it would have. Other than that I think that the story was a good one.

BTW: It was a little on the lengthy side for me, but oh well.

[ February 05, 2003: Message edited by: Stapes ]

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted February 07, 2003 21:34      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
I havent read it yet but sometime tonight after I smoke and have the paitance. However I'm sure it's great and I gave you 10!

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 08, 2003 09:13      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheh, well next time actually read it before voting, ok?

And I don't know if any of it will make sense if you read it while high, just to warn you.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted February 08, 2003 12:07      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whaaaaat? you didn't nuke afganistan cause the world wouldn't have liked you? jheez... americans are hopeless...

I didn't read it all, but enough... apart from the ideas being pretty amateur, the writing was too. I mean, when you're having a discussion with your friend, do you say "hola amigo! we're going off topic now!" no. So try not using "off-topic" at every two words.

bah, shouldn't be so hard on ya; like, I should remember what I wrote at 17

To tell the truth, i feel pretty mentally weak these days, and i'm not reading it all for fear of negative brainwashing...

yes, i'm crazy...

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted February 08, 2003 12:11      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
“Hell, what else would happen? Vestige, really, we have always exerted military superiority, even when the odds were against us.”

erm...viet-nam anyone? Of course, you americans don't remember, cause of all the viet-nam brainwashing movies that the americans win the war at the end, but truth is: no buddy, u didn't win it HA!

so scotty, u can take your odds, and stick em up your ass, thank you.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 08, 2003 17:19      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
eheheheheheh, jello, guess you are right. I never even thought about Vietnam, but oh well. I know we got our asses handed to us.

Eh, either way, I did consider tearing everything out of this and restarting, but I'm lazy. So there will be casual, or obvious, flaws. Oh well.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted February 08, 2003 18:02      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm not a big litterature fan anyways... takes a lot of time and it useless. Now art is cool. But I can see you're not a very good artist... So get ur ass coding. Code some games, i don't know..

whaddya wanna do later on in life?

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 09, 2003 08:32      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Actually, I wanna become a computer programmer.

I figure that I know a bunch of coding already, and it's all pretty easy that it would be ideal for me. Plus, it would be great since I could sit around behind a computer screen for the majority of the day.

And as far as art goes, yeah I basically suck at it. That's why I often write, because I'm a lot better at that.

Lastly, I would code a game or something, but there is a slight problem there. There is a lot of stuff on the website that is already outdated and needs to be updated, plus between work and school I don't have a lot of spare time. So neh! [Tongue Job 1]

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted February 09, 2003 23:40      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, true true

well, keep up your dreams

--------------------

Simon 0170
Outsider
Member # 129

Rate Member

posted September 21, 2003 03:15      Profile for Simon 0170   Email Simon 0170   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Pretty good and so is your Voyages of the Chosen One

How do you come up with this stuff oh and by the way im new to the forums

So Hello

--------------------

Ok, if everything tastes like chicken, then what the hell does chicken taste like?

Posts: 1 | From: Ireland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 21, 2003 03:37      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Hello, and welcome to StGFC. I'm Stapes, the Custom's Official for the Proconsul.

I also think that Scotty is talented in his writings, and think that he should begin to work on some more fan-fics.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 21, 2003 09:21      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hello and welcome to the Community! It's always nice to have new memebers. And thanks for the compliments; it's about time I recieve some good input from this story As for how I come up with this stuff, I don't really know. I'll just be sitting around one day thinking about something, and occassionally a good idea for a story will come to me. However, whenever I do get an idea, I usually spend time thinking about it and changing it. Then, when I'm satisfied with it, I'll start to write. This isn't always easy, though. The first version of Apocolypse Happening was finished over six months before the final copy; I wasn't happy with a lot of things in the original and had to do a lot of chaning. Looking back, there are probably a few more things I wouldn't mind changing, but oh well.

Also, I do plan on continueing with Voyages again after I get some updates done around the site.

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community