my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » Can Ya Believe This $hit???

Printable Version
Author Topic: Can Ya Believe This $hit???
Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted March 13, 2003 13:37      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
pardon my language though but im pissed!!!!!
Last night we....well lemme start from the beginning and get some articles from the paper...About a few days ago (3/10/03)
-----------------------------------
Author: Sheila Toomey
--Anchorage Daily News--

Staff
Date: March 10, 2003
Publication: Anchorage Daily News (AK)
Page: B3
pixel
Wind gusts to 50 mph stirred up big dust clouds along Anchorage streets Sunday, flipped a plane at Merrill Field and sent trees crashing into power lines across the Mat-Su valleys area, igniting blazes there that kept local fire departments hopping.

In Anchorage, most wind-related police calls involved damage done by trees hitting buildings, said Anchorage Police Department dispatch supervisor Eric Anderson.

Wind rattling windows or gusting through a home with an open window also set off
-------------------------------------------

Ahh it was just a little windy that day
Ok now getting to last night !
Lemme give ya the link to what happened yesterday!

http://www.adn.com/front/story/2761641p-2810780c.html

But all I got to say is "It sucked!!!"
It tore up our house real good the only reason why im posting that because im just suprised because we have never had wind like that before But it was creepy my room is on the top floor and shit kept bashing it like wood or something thank god it didnt break though.
arg and about half of the shingles on our roof if thats how there spelled but there all over our house and ground...
but it was shaking our house and probably others like it was a freakin earthquake.....ehhh but its calm now ...hehe it pretty neat to because im not in school because of the winds some of its pretty funny though like ...(From the Anchorage Daily News)

A Midtown McDonald's sign exploded into pieces in the street.

Gusts of up to 71 mph at the Palmer airport shoved an unoccupied DC-3 along the tarmac.

Well thats about all i had to say We probably will have to go out and check on the house soon ...

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted March 13, 2003 15:39      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*scratches head* How is this a forum issue?

As for what happened, yeah, that does suck. We've had some of those winds in Wisconsin already. I think down by Scotty, they had winds of over 100mph already. Not sure if it was anyplace near him.

As for the McDonald's sign, THAT IS JUST GREAT!!!!!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted March 13, 2003 15:54      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I don't know if it was by me or not, but sometimes during the summer we get wicked winds. Then again, that's fairly typical for the Wisconsin climate.

And yeah, I'm moving this topic to the 'Stupid Stuff' forum. It could be moved to the Community forum too, but chances are this like almost every thread will turn stupid [Tongue Job]

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community