next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » Accident

Printable Version
Author Topic: Accident
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2003 00:10      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Yeah, well, I was riding around town with my friend yesterday (monday). I was sitting in the back seat of his 2 door Cavalier, when all of a sudden we were rear-ended. I hit my head on the back window, and then flew forward and hit my head on the back of the front seat, causing the other passenger to fly forward and hit the dash.

I'm not sure, but I think I got a concussion from it, because for the past like 36 hours, I have had a splitting headache, upset stomach, and a huge goose egg on my head. It sucks. That was the first accident I've ever been in, and it wasn't what I expected.

Has anyone else been in an accident? If so, details!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2003 10:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Neh, haven't been in any car accidents. A number of times I could've and should've had a concussion, but for some reason my skull appears to be incredibly hard. It's really wierd; I can take a hard blow on the head without much problem (at least I could; I haven't been hit in the head with anything over the last few years).

Bleh. Stapes, if you are having that many problems, you should go to the doctor. I would've went there already if I were you instead of waiting so long. Also, if you have that job now, you won't want to go into work your first day with a concussion. It just wouldn't be good. If you haven't gone to see a doctor yet and still think you have a concussion, I would recommend going right away. There is no reason not to except for arrogance.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2003 10:08      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That happened to my sister's boyfriend when he was driving this Seat Cordoba and got rear-ended... EDIT: ...yesterday.

I've seen a lot of car crashes, never been in one. I was present when a lollipop woman go flying before. She survived, but man. Way to traumatise a seven year old driver.

[ October 01, 2003: Message edited by: rad-x ]

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2003 14:07      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
The thing is Scotty, I don't have any medical insurance, and I'm not under my mom's, so if I get injured, I can't go to the doctor or hospital because I don't have enough money to pay the bills. When I start working, I'll have all benefits, but that isn't until Friday.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2003 14:10      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Couldn't you just sue the person who caused the accident for medical damages or something like that?

[ October 01, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2003 17:10      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I don't have any serious problems though. The other person's insurance wouldn't cover it because of that. If I had broken a bone, then yeah, they would have covered it. Since I didn't, they don't cover.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2003 17:52      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheh, you should've tried to fake a fracture then

Hrmphl, either way, hopefully it isn't a concussion.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2003 17:55      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
If I would have faked it, I could have gotten nailed with fraud! I would then be put behind bars for a while!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2003 20:25      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Uh, what if you self-afflicted it? You know, you get hit and realize your not hurt, so you just slam your arm in the door a few times [Tongue Job 1]

heheheheheheh, Stapes, you really shouldn't have posted this in the Stupid Stuff forum.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 02, 2003 00:31      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Well, it really isn't something that concerns the whole community, just me! Plus, if you think about it, it is kinda stupid.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 02, 2003 08:36      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Erm, well, I always considered a car accident to be pretty serious. And besides for the descriptions, I think that this forum and the Community forum are almost the same. The only real difference is that here the rules aren't inforced as much.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 02, 2003 09:54      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well once my Dad,s car got the whole of the paneling above the drivers side front wheel ripped off when some bozo sped thru a set of lights at about 100km/h and clipped us...that was pretty scary. But apart from the car, it didn't hurt either of us (and the bozo had to pay for the damage so it was all good)

I've also been in a car when someone bent the axel because they drove over a tree stump (retard) but once again no injuries.

My Dad did have his leg gouged down to the bone when a steering wheel broke and stuck him in a crash...it was nasty looking >.<

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted October 02, 2003 12:26      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Well stapes,get better.
Say was the cavalier totaled?
and what hit ya?

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 02, 2003 15:28      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
A Pontiac Grand Am, V6 with Ram Air. Same exact type of car one of my other friends drives.

We are thinking the Cav is totalled, but we haven't gotten an estimate yet. If it is, my friend is going to get a Honda Civic.

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted October 03, 2003 17:40      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
ehh i've never been in a big accident i saw a nasty one though this little car got hit by this bronco smash the back of the little car to hell all the way up to the driver's seat! but all the bronco hurt was his liscense plate it was pretty freaky........

the worsy accident ive had was on a 4 wheeler while i went throught this big dip on a beach i was riding with my friends..i say bout 10 people .. but when i cam out of the dip i accidently hit the gas and smashed into my friend almost knocking me over the handle bars and banged my ribs and hand up pretty good but the only damage to the 4 wheeler was on the rim of the front tire i was so glad it was still ok.

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community