my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Forum Issues   » Poll test

Printable Version
This Topic has a poll (Log in to vote)! Poll Question: Is Slurry really the crocodile hunter?
Option Vote Count Vote Percent
Yes! 4 vote(s) 100%
No 0 vote(s) 0%
View Comments Edit Poll

Author Topic: Poll test
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 17, 2003 18:16      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Just testing out a poll. Nothing to see here.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 17, 2003 18:20      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, I solved the problem with the polls. It appears that if the length of the poll options is too long, it won't let you vote. I'm gonna look through the poll variables to try to find out exactly what file has the length option in it so that I can get that changed. So hopefully that will be done tomorrow.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2003 00:35      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well its kinda a pointless poll, everyone KNOWS im the crocodile hunter 'Crikey!'

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2003 07:48      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Scotty, one quick question. Why isn't the poll found in the Forum Issues forum? On my computer it just has the Avatar Issue topic in it. I have to click on the last post thingy on the main page of the forums.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2003 10:23      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
The thread doesn't like you so its hiding Stapes, lure it out with a big lean piece of meat.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2003 15:29      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*throws a sirloin steak into the forum* COME OUT COME OUT WHEREEVER YOU ARE! Damn, didn't work.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2003 16:32      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hm, who knows? So long as you can get here that's all that matters.

No really I'll do maintenance around here someday soon, I pwomise!

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2003 18:54      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
WOW! MY TRICK ACTUALLY WORKED! *throws a chicken sandwich to Scotty* Make me Moderator!

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2003 23:37      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol *patronising talking to dogs voice* 'Who's a good boy then, who's a good boy?'

[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: Slurrydevil ]

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted May 20, 2003 07:36      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*sits on hind legs and begs for a treat* I WANT A TREAT! *jumps up to take treat from Slurry's hand, but bites his whole hand off* Thanks!

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted May 20, 2003 07:57      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
*stems the blood and then smiles*

Now I can get a kickass prosthetic evil villain hand! awesome!...hehe that reminds me of a homestarrunner cartoon

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 20, 2003 08:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, true, we all love Homestar, but this is off-topic and not meant to be in this forum.

Sorry, Admin intervention is required. Topic closed. Feel free to start a new one in the Stupid Stuff forum.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 01, 2003 00:27      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, this topic has been opened again. Also, the poll thing has been fixed. The problem was not in the length of the options. Rather, the problem occurred when I used quotation marks in the poll. For instance, the script is sort of set up like:
$poll_option="print poll option here, between the quotes"
So when I used quotes in the poll options, I got:
$poll_option=""A Kiss To Build A Dream On""
Everything after the second set of quotes was ignored basically. Hope that makes sense to you guys.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted July 01, 2003 01:43      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Strangely I actually understood what you meant!

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community