next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Forum Issues   » PM's

Printable Version
Author Topic: PM's
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2003 02:06      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Ok, so I recently sent a PM to someone. I just now checked to see if the person read it, and basically the whole forum setup was in there. It had the StGFC logo, and the log out thingy, and the links to show which forum you are in. I don't know if it has happened to anyone else, but I'm just curious as to what is going on.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 29, 2003 09:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
A glitch in the forum? Hold on, I'll look into it in a moment.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 31, 2003 02:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, on the bottom of the page it should be an error that says something about failing to find a message from member number '########'. I need to know what that number is. I can then go in and manually delete the messages by that member, which should correct the error.

After that, if you see a message that says "Private Message From Member That No Longer Exists (Can't Open)" or "This Private Message Not Found (perhaps recently deleted)" let me know and I will correct this as well. However, you have to correct the first in order to perhaps recieve the second. Erm, hopefully that makes sense.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted August 31, 2003 16:01      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 31, 2003 17:31      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Alrighty, problem should be fixed. Lemme know if you get any of the other errors.

Plus, if anyone else is having this problem as well, let me know so I can take care of it.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 01, 2003 00:00      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Nope, didn't get any errors this time. Thanks for fixing that!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 01, 2003 00:09      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
No problem. It would've been easier if the UBB wouldn't randomly store private messages. I guess it's a security feature, though (at least that's the only logical thing I can think of). Private messages are stored in 26 different folders, and which folder any given PM is in is as far as I can tell completely random. So whenever this arises, I have to hunt through the folders and files to find the damned PM that is causing the error. Not the funnest thing, but yours was in one of the first folders so it didn't take long.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 01, 2003 14:05      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
lol, luckily for you!

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 04, 2003 06:52      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Just blame it one those darn pesky forum gremlins!!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 04, 2003 08:29      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, I think it was this one: Yeah, that's definetely the one.

All times are Central Time  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community