my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Holy Schnickes Batman! (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Holy Schnickes Batman!
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2003 15:33      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
What's going on here? It seems like everyone has disappeared, or have nothing to say. What gives?

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2003 17:34      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Ive been doing stuff all week and have not been my computer that much.Ive been doing stuff from school and messing around with my PS2.
[Green Grin]
I just got one! but the shit I had to go through to get one.... First I had to replace one because when i took it home it didnt read any discs. So I went back to the store around 8:30 and some woman at the counter had a F#*$ing fit!!

I dont know what her problem was but she was pissed at me I kept asking her somthing and she was brain dead or something. I had to repeat myself about 15 times... but at least I got my PS2 up and running

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2003 21:16      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
What do you mean it wouldn't read any discs? Did it go to a System's Configuration type screen? If it did, all you would have had to do is go into there and click on the disc. It would have read the disc just fine. If not, then disregard what I just put down.

I guess I'm like one of the active members around here, and I won't be that active coming up. I'm going on a class trip from the 13th through the 18th. After that I have my finals, and then I'll be around more often.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted January 10, 2003 00:33      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow, the passionating, ultra-interesting stgfc conversations!

Lemme add to the pool.

Today I woke up, was cold because heating the house costs money. (i sleep with joggings and long-sleeved shirt) Went to eat some pita terrorist-bread with honey and butter. Then I went on pc for a couple of minutes, tried to fix my controller problem in Soul Reaver, but in vain.(damn psx ports!) So I uninstalled the game. So then I dressed to go out for some business(wow, I've been rotting at home for the past like century).

And that's when I brushed my teeth.

Then I went out and ran to take the bus. Was pretty cold(-15). AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRGGGGGGG fuck this is stupid! sorry, couldn't continue the lameness any longer...

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2003 09:41      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
And my computer is really stuffed and im at my dads for the first time in like a fortnight, sorry you guys!

Maybe you can help me, i just got hold of a Windows 98 boot disc, i've never used one before, how do they work? It comes up with a prompt which says A//: and I have no idea what to put in, im guessing its asking you to tell it where the alternative system files are right?
My problem is that the computer crashes just before the password window pops up when windows is starting up sometimes it says it cant find msvcrt20.dll, which im assuming means if I can start it with the boot disc I can run an update right?
Maybe if someone tells me I can get my fucking computer working, and you have no idea how happy that would make me.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2003 11:56      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Hey stapes about my Ps2 It was broken or sumthing I could go to the browser and it would say "reading Disc" but it wouldnt change for some reason sometimes it acted like nothing was even in the thing it was really wierd. I even tried Dvd's, PS2 game, PS1 game, and music but it couldnt read any of them at least i got it replace. I think they should test them before they sell them I cant believe I had to go through that crap!

And for the cold its been really cold up here in Alaska this week at least its not all that terrible its been cloudy ...only about 31 degrees here but thats only today and its warming up thank god but nothing really exiting going on up here in my igloo ....j/k....

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2003 15:27      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Ah, never had that happen to me. Just on my old DVD player....that's something totally different though.

I think something is seriously wrong with the weather. This year, we've had 1 big snowfall. We got 1/2" of snow. WE LIVE IN WISCONSIN! FAMOUS FOR SNOW! This is the second straight year that we barely had any snow. Just yesterday, we set a new record with 56 degrees.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2003 15:57      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, and today the windchill was negative 15!

As for your computer, Slurry, I don't know what to tell ya.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted January 11, 2003 06:37      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess I must be brining bad luck.

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted January 11, 2003 22:54      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
about your problem slurry, it's really a matter of using ur brains, funny how you didn't think of it scotty.

First, as long as I know, a boot disk is for installing/reinstalling an OS(operating system). What the boot disk does is it loads up the DOS operating system into RAM memory, so you can do whatever you want with the hard drive. But it can be used for other stuff too. For example, you might try to get that msvcrt20.dll file somewhere else, put in in a diskette(or in the boot disk), and after loading DOS with the boot disk, inserting the file in question wherever it's supposed to be in your C drive.

Whoever's running win98 should search for msvcrt20.dll and give the path to slurry.

The computer's looking for that file? Give him. simple. Something I figured out at 14 yrs old for god's sex(2 years after having my first comp).

If windows still shits you some more error messages, and some more files to fetch, well just give him hell and reinstall windows.

Somebody tell him how to reinstall, i'm tired.

--------------------

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted January 11, 2003 23:05      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, weather's getting hot man. Quebec's known even more for snow than wisconsin(pfff wisconsin), and we're having less and less each year. I remember when I was a kid, we used to consider -25 cold, now it's -15...maybe it's an impression I get because i'm a kid, but anyway, it's a fact that the T has gotten up dramatically. I mean, we used to have snow up our balls. Now, we don't even need boots anymore.

Icebergs are melting and causing all this unbalancing on the echosystem. Global warming dude. Another fine product of America inc . [Constapated]

on another note, WHAT? you live in Alaska, night wolf? how is that? Like, you on some secret scientist base or something?

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 12, 2003 09:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I did a search of my hard drive and came up with the following two paths for the file:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
C:\WINDOWS\SYSBCKUP

Slurry, if you can't find the file somewhere, I could always e-mail it to you.

As for reinstalling windows *sigh* I prefer not to get into that unless I have to, because I have too many other things to worry about.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 12, 2003 12:15      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Sheesh, Jello and his stereotypes. People do live in Alaska, Jello. I mean, there is Anchorage, and Junaeu (or however you spell it), and there is um...sorry, drawing a blank...nope, forgot what I was thinking.

I have the shitty Windows ME, and it pisses me off. Every day I have to restart my computer at least 3 times because explorer causes errors.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted January 12, 2003 13:14      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok, I can tell you slurry. By reinstalling, and not reformating, you can hopefully keep all your files, just replacing those that run Windows OS.

To reinstall windows:
When the boot disk loads DOS and you se A:\, type

d: *enter* (d is the letter of your cd-rom drive)
setup *enter* or install *enter*; don't remember which.

Then windows' setup will load and you take the steps from there. I've never done a reinstall myself(i've allways reformated the whole thing), but I think you should have options to do either one at some point.

good luck

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 12, 2003 22:23      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, I had to reinstall Windows 98 once and only once, and that was ages ago. Otherwise, I always formatted it.

BTW, on Windows ME, you have to restart if Explorer performs an illegal op? I have Windows XP, and whenever explorer performs an illegal op on that, it just reloads Explorer, and I don't have to reboot. I thought Windows ME had that feature too......

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted January 13, 2003 09:52      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, I don't remember if you can run a task from the cltr-alt-delete popup in ME. If you can, all you type in in explorer. (it'll bring up a "my computer window", but I don't know if it'll set the start and desktop.

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 13, 2003 15:28      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Well, my computer must be a special case then. Every time it performs an Illegal Op, I have to press ok and then the computer restarts itself. I don't know why it does that on my computer, but it pisses me off.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 13, 2003 16:41      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Might I be bold enough to suggest an upgrade to Windows XP? Just backup whatever files you need, format your hard drive, and install XP. Trust me, it's a better OS than ME

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 13, 2003 16:51      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I would, but I don't have any money. Christmas, and my speeding ticket wiped me out of money. Otherwise I would consider the upgrade.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 13, 2003 16:57      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Might I suggest another way? You know, don't you have any friends that have a spare copy laying around?

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted January 13, 2003 17:21      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Jello.....What are you talking about secret scientist and crap in Alaska?!?!

.............Who told you!!!! j/k

And we got people All over alaska just not that many.

--------------------

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted January 13, 2003 21:29      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
tell me more! tell me more! (Is it like in fallout, but colder?) (have you seen "The Thing"?)

--------------------

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted January 13, 2003 21:58      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
You have been reading my secret files .....Damn "keep out" doesent work as well as it did! lol
Yes up here we are a bunch of secret scientist in igloo's!!!!

We freeze our ass of doing black projects and crap yea....thats it! [Tongue Job]

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 13, 2003 22:08      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*hides Knight_wolf's files behind a magazine* What? I don't have your secret files! HONESTLY I DON'T NOT HAVE THEM!

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted January 13, 2003 22:14      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Aha but those are the fake copies !!! presses a button in his hand and the files in stapes hands burst into flames Mwhahahah < Evil scientist laugh [Cool]
Then pressed another button and the floor slides open and stapes falls into a pit and splashes into some water were I keep my sharks with giant laserbeams attached to there heads! Mwhahahaha
Puts pinky to lip

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 14, 2003 06:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheh, that was impressive. I especially like the Austin Powers references. Seems like Austin Powers is starting to replace Monty Python in the area of random references of today.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 14, 2003 15:34      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
K_W! You got it all wrong! It has fricken sharks with fricken laser beams attached to their heads!

*climbs out of the pit with one of the lasers attached to his head and faces K_W* BUH BYE! *shoots the beam*

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted January 14, 2003 17:31      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
I see the laser beam come near me

Then I think quickly.....Then I grab jello and put him in front of me......

Zap he dies Opps so sorry lol [Constapated]

then I let my Evil dog....Muffy loose

*Bark Bark bark!!! As he runs after you.

You shall die a slow painful death Mwhahahaha

*Evil scientist laugh again*

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 14, 2003 22:58      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*tells his friend Nate and he comes up and starts humping the dog* Well, guess you'll have to better than that.

My friend does all kinds of animals. Lately he said that he likes goats. *shudders*

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted January 15, 2003 09:48      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
*Stares.........No Muffy!!!!!!!NO!!!!!!..........
Damn Thats gotta hurt...He's a male!

--------------------

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted January 16, 2003 10:52      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know you're not a scientist night-wolf...pff silly.

no, you're prolly a spoiled scientist's sun.(i relly can't imagine a respectable scientist posting here)

anyways, even if cia doesn't let you speak the truth, what kind of other life can you have except a scientist in a sofisticated base errr igloo...?

If you didn't notice, it's for my personal knowledge that I wanna know this, cause yeah, some ppl do care for their brains.

So now crache le morceau doc! (spit the piece)

--------------------

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted January 16, 2003 14:43      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
O so you dont think im a scientist?

Well good because its supposed to be a secret.
And I live a great mad scientist life here in my igloo right now im doing tests on the abominable snowman.

[Tongue Job]

--------------------

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted January 17, 2003 01:06      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
....:|

ok now, we made all the jokes about the igloos and scientists and whatnot, repeating them is just lame....

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted January 18, 2003 18:10      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*takes off his abominable snowman costume* FOOLED YOU!

d-money

posted January 19, 2003 23:09          Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fuckin-A this things tiny. you scotty and stapes guess who this is? [Smoking]

IP: Logged

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community