my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Does Fallouts storyline seem "too real?" (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Does Fallouts storyline seem "too real?"
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2003 13:16      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Yeah, water would be good if we were not running out of that too. But I like the Garbage idea, We certianly have enough of it.

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2003 23:28      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Mr.Fusion" style...anyoen seen Back to the Future 2?

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2003 23:34      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Nope, can't say I have. I saw the first one, though, but it was a long time ago so I don't really remember it. :s

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 26, 2003 01:00      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
water= steam power most likily
and that example of coal in a BBQ or whatever doesnt put hardly anything into the air and the ashes um what doesnt burn and leave ashes??? (plz prove me wrong<)
that the booze/veggie oil is good but it kills the car, even if we made one to adampt to it look how much we would have to produce, and BOOZE? come on you would have 10 years olds drunk on fumes and "liqior-stations" lol just funny in my little mind =)

--------------------

"Death is the passage of life into the next"-unknown
"a noob is just an unexperianced veteran"-me to raz 2004

Posts: 84 | From: Cincinnati OH, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2003 10:54      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
MMMMM... Booze....
Sorry, too much simpsons....
One for you, one for me....
HAHAHAHA.....

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2003 11:25      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheh, glad to see that I wasn't the only one thinkin' about that.

Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted November 26, 2003 12:53      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
nothin better than goin coast to coast on a gallon of water, i gotta say im goin with water cars. did anybody else notice how horribly long some of the posts in this thread are? sheesh [Zombie]

--------------------

poster of none so much

Posts: 41 | From: keizer oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 27, 2003 05:32      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
yeah i did lol, considering i was the orchestrator of the whole argument

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 27, 2003 22:18      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Geez, way to go Slurry

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2003 05:45      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
will there be no end to the fiendish scope of my machiavellian machinations culminating in a veritable plethora of venal and superfluous platitudes??!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2003 06:30      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
What?

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2003 10:58      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Slurrydevil:
will there be no end to the fiendish scope of my machiavellian machinations culminating in a veritable plethora of venal and superfluous platitudes??!

Don't worry Gauss, I'm pretty sure it's a rhetorical question, bound by the creator's purpose domination over any man who dare gaze his eyes upon it, blasting into the void of infintity that reader's freedom and robbing him of the evils, and often goods, of choice, which culminates in one pissed off Rad.

No, it's not as good as Slurry's, but I tried my best. Can anyone try and beat Slurry's?

[ November 28, 2003: Message edited by: rad-x ]

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 29, 2003 04:47      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol, nobody shall beat me for the sheer perspicacity of my theological deliberations!

nm, it gets old fast, they used to call me Mr Dictionary at school

--------------------

- Nietzsche

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 29, 2003 07:56      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you were obese they could call you Thesauras.

Cheap.

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 30, 2003 06:34      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol, that reminds me of a Mad magazine cartoon, there are a bunch of explorers in a jungle and suddenly one of them is grabbed by a huge dinosaur. She screams "HELP!!" and the dinosaur says "Help: to assist, aid, abet"

And the other explorers say "Good god, everyone run! Its the dreaded thesaurus rex!"

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 30, 2003 13:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
*groans, looks around, laughs mildly, and runs out of the room*

Thanatos Starfire
Outsider
Member # 144

Member Rated:

posted November 30, 2003 14:23      Profile for Thanatos Starfire   Email Thanatos Starfire   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Use a solar powered car that also utilizes water. Hear me out...

A nuclear powered car is not a good idea for many reasons. One of them is the fact that you do not need 6 million kilowatts to run a car (unless you are trying to break the sound barrier). My idea has merit because while the car is in light, it would get power from the solar panels and also would be breaking down water into oxygen and hydrogen. This would be burned as a supplementary fuel when the car needs more power. (the car would also have batteries to store the electric charge). Power generators tied in to the wheels could be used as an effective braking system (again, standard counterparts would cut in for higher reaction time if needed).

Another solution is to do away with all of our cars of today and create a magnetic road system powered by nuclear plants and solar farms. Cars would float on magnetically charged roads, thus reducing the problem of friction and vastly improving mileage. The only problem is, of course, stopping...

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 30, 2003 19:51      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
quote:
Originally posted by Thanatos Starfire:
Another solution is to do away with all of our cars of today and create a magnetic road system powered by nuclear plants and solar farms. Cars would float on magnetically charged roads, thus reducing the problem of friction and vastly improving mileage. The only problem is, of course, stopping...

I think I heard of an idea like this that was being used in Japan for trains. So if it works for trains, it should work for cars as well.

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 30, 2003 22:51      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well first of all, we don't know how to seperate the hydrogen in water from the oxygen. Haven't you ever seen "Chain Reaction"????

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted December 01, 2003 05:41      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah i think they are working on magnetic rail propulsion systems (probably for military use).
But that reminds me of the cars in Minority Report, is that where u got the idea?

Well whatever the next thing is, there are a lot of enterprising people working on it becaus it is worth BIG bucks, so it will happen, and there will be choice i imagine.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Lawdevil
Outsider
Member # 153

Rate Member

posted December 01, 2003 06:37      Profile for Lawdevil     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Need to post my point on the energy topic. I´m sure that energy won´t ever be a problem to mankind exepct if we begin to battle for it (some say this has already started). I´m also sure that there exist reasonable plans for hybrid-cars and solar-cars. The only reason why they don´t exist on a broad scale for now is because there are enough ressources (oil etc.) still around. The information "only enough oil for 30 years left" is already 30 years old - and there is still enough for 30 more years....
In brief I like the political message of fallout because I think it makes people more sensitive to the horrors of war. At least it should. And then there is this humerous touch of the vault propaganda. [Wierd Smile] [Wierd Smile] [Tongue Job 1]

--------------------

_ _ _________________________ _ _
Although prepared for martyrdom,
I preferred that it be postponed.
Sir Winston Churchill

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted December 01, 2003 08:55      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
long posts......STOP

--------------------

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 01, 2003 11:10      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Nietzsche rocked. he was a Philosophical genius driven mad by his own dark thoughts... SWEET... [Tongue Job 1]

--------------------

Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 03, 2003 02:46      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I find the games' storyline to be unrealistic actually....now anyway. I think the real possibility of full scale nuclear war has passed away with the 20th century. If a Nuclear missle was shot towards the U.S., it would be intercepted and destroyed by our "non-existent" missle defense system. You think it's only in a testing phase right now? Heh, how long was the U-2 spyplane or the SR71 in service before the public knew about it? It's a slight breach of a treaty with Russia, and that will keep it a "secret" for now. If you live in the U.S., you are probably quite safe from nuclear strikes. Even if you aren't, who's gonna shoot a nuke at anyone else? Ok, so India and Pakistan might finally turn each other into glass parking lots.

But the reality of the entire Earth undergoing a nucelar war is pretty much a thing of the past.

And so will the misconception that power sources will disappear in the near future, that so many common citizens have. The truth is we'll move onto the next thing when it becomes somewhat necessary, and most importantly (for companies) somewhat profitable. All of the major automobile manufactuors have been designing hydrogen and/or fuel cell cars, or hybrid versions. There are a few driving around California (of course) today, with a couple of Hydrogen "gas" stations. Hydrogen is actually much more effecient than Gasoline, and will be the major automobile fuel source in the future. When the infastructure for it arrives (ie. Hydrogen-statons), then most gasoline cars will start being replaced with hydrogen/fuel cell/ hybrids. 30 years from now...I'd say half gas half alternative fuel cars on the road. Natural progress is slow like that. If we run into a gas crisis, then expect the promised land sooner.

Someone said you couldn't run everything off of Hydrogen power...of course you could! But why the heck would you? That would be a bit expensive. Nuclear is the future...but it's still plagued by activists and public fear. Most folks simply don't understand what it is, and why it is safe in modern plants. Until the taboo that "Nuclear Power = Cherynobl = Nuclear Bomb" disappears, Gas and Coal are here to stay. Theres a good number of Nuclear plants in the US, but not too many have been built in the last 30 years, and there are far less than there should be. Nuclear waste is not a problem when handled correctly. Personally I say grind up the fission products and spent fuel and spread it over the ocean. It takes a concentrated amount of radioactive particulates to be a hazard. You arent going to fry any fish. But of course that would be out of the question, so we'll just bury it in Idaho

Nuclear cars? I don't think so. The day the government allows the common joe to have access to nuclear anything is the day "dirty bombs" can be bought at your local fireworks dealer. It simply isn't gonna happen. Not in this lifetime buster. And it's not really feasable. Even in a house. It takes alot of subsystems to run a reactor plant, not too mention the electrical generation systems. Who's gonna do manitenance on all that? Do you trust computers to keep an eye on a critical reactor? As far as Fusion goes....I knew a guy working in that field. He said the current fusion reactors take more energy (pressure and heat) to cause sustained fusions than the amount of energy that you get from the process. No, the energy doesn't dissappear, but it's not ins a useable form. The solution? The "cold fusion" idea (causing fusion at lower temperature or pressure). According to him, theres no such thing persay. But he admitted that research had been going in that direction for some time. Needless to say, I don't think fusion will be a possibility for a long time.

Coal, gas, gasoline, diesel....these all work, we still have supplies, and most importantly they still make $. There will never be a huge war over the "last" oil reserve that will wipe out the earth. It will suddenly become convenient to introduce alternative energy sources to the mainstream economies, and suddenly another industrial revolution will be born. Ahh, how I despise money and the motivations it causes. I blame it for not having my flying car by now.

--------------------

"I'm tryin' to like people, it's just so hard filtering out all the stupid ones."

Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 03, 2003 02:58      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Electrolysis..btw.

For splitting water up into oxygen and hydrogen.

Pass an electric current through 2(H2O) and you get (2 H2) + (O2).

Now putting H2 and O2 together to form water is a bit more tricky I believe. I think gamma radiation is required?

And I never even saw "Chain Reaction".

--------------------

"I'm tryin' to like people, it's just so hard filtering out all the stupid ones."

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 07:23      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
well, that was certainly king among the long posts

Im too tired to write anything logical tonight.....phuh.....

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 03, 2003 09:22      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol...oops. I was tired when I wrote it and I tend to ramble when I'm tired.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 03, 2003 09:53      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheh, that's okay.

Anyways, as for my take on things, I think it is impossible to tell for sure if the world will end by nuclear means. I'm not ruling out the possibility completly, nor going to gaurantee it. But I do feel that the world will reach its end in some way during my lifetime.

Also, I'd have to agree about the hydrogen car idea. It seems like the most possible alternative right now.

Keln
Outsider
Member # 154

Rate Member

posted December 03, 2003 20:24      Profile for Keln   Email Keln   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
End of the world? that's easy. 7 seals, 7 vials, 7 trumpets. 4 horsemen, a beast with ten horns, a whore named Babylon. All this sound familiar? hehe. God can do what a Nuclear bomb can't.

--------------------

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 09:33      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yesterday i saw National Gerographic ave a special on the cars of the future and take a guess what the source of energy was.....Hydrogen Power Cells with H2O Waste..they said if your thirsty enough you could drink it...More support to my first theory...

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 09:41      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
i wouldnt be comfortable with drinking my gas, lol

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleċ | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 10:12      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
You would not be drinkig gas, you would be drinking the exhaust from your gas... like drinking carbon monoxide (CO), which is the current car exhaust for all petrolium run cars... Just think of it like putting your mouth around the muffler...

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 10:19      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yuck that disgusts me even more, though i used to do it when i was like 2 years old

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 10:48      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Riiiight, whatever... you should be dead right now, so either you are a freak of nature, Or a higher evolution on the human species.... Im scared.

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 10:49      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yes, i am the...something...and i will enslave humanity and laugh with my black lips! did i mention i like cookies?

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community