my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout   » downloading fallout... (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: downloading fallout...
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 04, 2003 12:57      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
since im bored with fallout 2 i decided to download 1. its only 36 hours left at the fantastic speed of 4 kb/s! and im supposed to have adsl...

*edit* WHAT THE ****!? now the speed is 1 kb/s and its 80 hours left!!! i hate my internet...

*edit* oh great. in ONE hour it has downloaded 5 mb.

*edit* what are you people doing anyway? its only 8:20 PM...in sweden anyway.

[ December 04, 2003: Message edited by: Arcanus ]

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You are now the Spam God of Fallout community!

Posts: 766 | From: Sweden, Luleå | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 14:55      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
man i remember it takes weeks if not more.
its not common on the net so there ARE few users that have it.

I know been there too thats sucks..

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 04, 2003 15:03      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Heh, yeah, I hate slow dl speeds. It really sucks since I have a T1 connection in my dorm room

Also, it's about 3:00PM here in Wisconsin. And I still have one more class today. Go me!

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 01:01      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
well i left the downloading on over the night and thought that it would be finished by now. it has downloaded 60 mb so far. how can it be so slow!?!??!

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 07:45      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, another challenge of Fallout is patience

No, really, the guy you are downloading it from probably has dial-up or something like that.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 07:54      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
and bear in mine that,it wasnt downloading all night long,but only when it found users so...

BTW Kazaa lite k++ has a built in accelerator that refreshes downloads that has no users every few secs so its really useful for downloads of this type.

This is not a commercial

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 08:31      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Neither is this:

Kazaa Lite K++ is really the way to go. If you like Kazaa, you'll love this program. It's basically Kazaa done right.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 08:49      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
quote:
Originally posted by Skittles the Great:
Neither is this:

Kazaa Lite K++ is really the way to go. If you like Kazaa, you'll love this program. It's basically Kazaa done right.

yeah i have k++ lite. and now it has downloaded 170 mb

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 11:04      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
holy crap, i beat the record 5 kb/s

(a second later) aaw crap it dropped to 3kb/s

bleh.

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 11:11      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Yeah I know from exp. dial up internet sucks... MUST GET DSL!!!! My step-Brother-in-law sells sonic.net so I can get a deal... hehehe

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 11:12      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
i have dsl, its just the bastard im downloading from who doesnt

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 11:15      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
I get my cousin who has DSL to download anything for me....

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 11:31      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yeah, but i meant something else. when you have kazaa, the speed of the connection depends on the one who has the file. in this case, that person have crappy connection=crappy speed.

--------------------

quote:

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 12:04      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
could you tell me where can i download kazaa lite?

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 12:14      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
i dont really know:/ i just searched on altavista and downloaded it...

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 14:05      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Here's a link: http://www.k-lite.tk/

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 14:06      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
in 14 hours i have downloaded about 100 megs. this is the last time i download something big from kazaa...

--------------------

quote:

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 15:31      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
At least Kazaa has everything

--------------------

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 05, 2003 15:56      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
except fallout tactics.

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 16:46      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
yep fallout tactics is not there.

Thats actualy the only reason why i never played tactics - couldnt find it in kazaa hehehe.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 16:53      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Just get one of your friends to buy it then. You can just borrow it and use the no cd crack and you'll be set.

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 05, 2003 17:23      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
well...im not that eager to play it anyway..

--------------------

No one is perfect

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 06, 2003 03:23      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
i tried the demo, but i leveling up was just a disappointment. the only perks i got was Awareness, which didnt do anything of use, and then i just put all points into small guns and sneak, which are the only usefull skills. i wouldnt waste my money on it.¨

*edit* if everything goes well, theres only 6 hrs left now

[ December 06, 2003: Message edited by: Arcanus ]

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 06, 2003 09:47      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Congratulations

Now just hope it works.

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 06, 2003 10:06      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
i sure hope so. its about 50 mb left

--------------------

quote:

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 06, 2003 10:53      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
you really watch what you are downloading cause some users make a large file with a game name in order to raise their participation level and the result?it is not a game but a bunch of garbage,so watch what are you download.This happened to me twice

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 06, 2003 11:18      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
well im quite sure that it is the game, since i downloaded it from about 20 different users so far. 464 of 497 mb now...

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 06, 2003 14:24      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
OH THE RELIEF! ITS FINALLY DONE! im installing it right now

*edit* ARGH i knew something would go wrong. the xtractor has stuffed up at fallout\data\sound\03wjrialrwhatever

nevermind, its finished now. ill try to start it.

[ December 06, 2003: Message edited by: Arcanus ]

--------------------

quote:

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted December 06, 2003 15:08      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
What happened?Can you play fallout now?

--------------------

quote:

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 06, 2003 16:25      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
yes and if i ask about something related to solving a quest, dont answer. im about to join the thieves guild that dude had a funny accent

"what the bloody bloody bloody hell are you doin here" hehehe...

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted December 06, 2003 16:42      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
dont u mean slavers guild?

--------------------

No one is perfect

Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 06, 2003 16:47      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
slavers guild? im talking about fallout 1, not 2.

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 06, 2003 22:19      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah. That's Fallout 1, in Oldtown of the Hub. The guy's name is Loxley. He's below the building across from the guy that sells guns and stuff.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted December 07, 2003 01:12      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
And you have to pick a whole crapload of locks and avoid traps to get there. And you have to steal a necklace from that big house in the west part of the hub. Thats all i remember.

But yeah Loxley is awesome "I say, i dont mean to be rude, my names loxley, whats yours. Good, now we have all the pleasantries aside may i ask you a question?.............what the bloody, bloody bloody hell are you doing here!!"

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arcanus
Vault Veteran
Member # 158

Rate Member

posted December 07, 2003 03:20      Profile for Arcanus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191218899
fortunately i had lockpick as tag skill

*edit* ooh i got tha waterchip from necropolis unfortunately, i forgot to repair their pumps. hehehe, theyre all dead now, but the supermutants are gone. wonder where they went.

[ December 07, 2003: Message edited by: Arcanus ]

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community