my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout Tactics   » Questions (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Questions
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2003 20:47      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, I recieved a few questions from someone about Tactics, and seeing how it's been ages since I played further than the first few missions of the game, I don't remember the answers. So let's see if you guys know:

Q1: I have found a jet bike key from the mechanic at epsilon where is the jet bike dammit?
(If I remember right, there isn't a jet bike in the game that you can use, or if there is I never heard of it. Also, if that is the case, is the key good for anything?)
Q2: Where is the gauss minigun?

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raymondo2000
Wanderer
Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2003 21:13      Profile for Raymondo2000   Author's Homepage   Email Raymondo2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131710234
1: Tell him to keep it because it’s for a secret encounter for Jake or Jack (something like that) the Nuke pop Boy who rides a jet bike.However if I remember right there was a bug in the game that won't let you drive the bike or something.

2: *shrugs*

[ October 25, 2003: Message edited by: Raymondo2000 ]

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2003 23:30      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Yeah, Ray is right with the first one and the second one!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Deekan The Hurricane
Outsider
Member # 145

Rate Member

posted October 31, 2003 05:14      Profile for Deekan The Hurricane   Email Deekan The Hurricane   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Hey, I'm new at this whole forum thing. And I've never played Falout Tactics. So, I was wondering...was it any good? And if so, where can I get it?

--------------------

Deekan The Hurricane has acknowledged you...feel fortunate. Atleast he didn't shoot you with a M72 Gauss Rifle. Lol.

Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 31, 2003 05:53      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
In my opinion you should stay away from this game!! Even If thy pay you to play it.The choice is yours but don't expect to be like Fallout 1 and 2

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 31, 2003 10:44      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, if you expect a game that is almost nothing like F1 or 2 and you really like Tactical combat games, then Tactics may be for you. However, the bugs could easily ruin the experience, as on some systems the game crashes about every 15 minutes (but then again, on others, it won't crash at all). It's a strange little game.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2003 00:28      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I've never had it crash on me.

As for Tactics, I think it is a good game, but that is just my opinion. Everyone else I've ever talked to about Tactics, has tried to make me change my mind because they say it sucks. Truth is, it doesn't suck. Try it, see what you think.

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2003 03:08      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Look at it as if you've never played any Fallout game before in that way you'll not expect anything of it and you won't be dissapointed And I think it's a good game not better then 1 and 2 though.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 04:58      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
You know, after all that bullshit arguing over Tactics, I think that is the most sensible thing I have ever heard.

I've been thinking that i might be biased against tactics because I was running it on a crappy computer. But my Dad is getting a new PC on wednesday that kicks some ass and im going to be playing Tactics again. So maybe I can find merit in it this time that I missed before.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 06:20      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Finally someone who actually listens to my advise!

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 17:00      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
You all know what I think of Tactics, or most of you probably do. *looks over at rad*

Anyways, think what you want of the game. Everyone has their own opinion.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 04:13      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well we need some fresh unbiased advice on the matter of tactics, all us other members are sitting firmly on opposite sides of a big f$%king fence!!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 08:32      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
quote:
Originally posted by Slurrydevil:
Well we need some fresh unbiased advice on the matter of tactics, all us other members are sitting firmly on opposite sides of a big f$%king fence!!

What do you mean by that? You want advice about Tactics?

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 10:23      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, everyone that was here a few months back or something like that got to see a huge-ass debate about Tactics, starring primarily me and rad.

Anyways, whoever was here during that time got a good feel about who was against Tactics and who was for it. And it was obvious that nobody was going to budge even a bit about the whole thing. So I believe Slurry is saying we need the opinions of other people that we haven't heard from yet.

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 17:47      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
I thought it was ok didnt like that its all fight and no play but i never had any real gliches with it but what ever floats your boat its up to the people and there prefrences on how great it was.. im only really pissed on the playstation one

[ November 04, 2003: Message edited by: Knight_Wolf ]

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 21:22      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Well, Scotty, first, you missed me also guest starring in the debate. I brought up some pretty good points also!

Second, yes, people are biased towards Tactics. I've known people that haven't played any of the other Fallout games, got a hold of Tactics and liked Tactics better than 1 & 2 when they played them. I don't know.

Third, people are influential around here. Just because one person tells others not to play it, they usually don't play it. I've noticed that also.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 22:30      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheheh, not let's start this again. It's tempting to start up the debate one more time, I'll admit that, but...... must..... resist..... urges!

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2003 05:02      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
You are probably right about us listening to others too much, but i agree with Scotty.....urges....too....pow-er-ful

--------------------

- Nietzsche

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 10, 2003 21:08      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i found this game boring and to easy, with all the weapons and allies and tanks and such i got bored very easily and quit soon after mission 17-19?(or somewhere around there) i believe fallout 2 is the best fallout game still.

--------------------

"Death is the passage of life into the next"-unknown
"a noob is just an unexperianced veteran"-me to raz 2004

Posts: 84 | From: Cincinnati OH, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 21:35      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thats why Fallout:Tactics sucked

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2003 05:56      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
*not getting involved*

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2003 09:02      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
me 2...

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2003 11:24      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
if you found tactic so easy, TURN UP THE DIFFICULTY. Personally I found those rescue missions a pain in the ass so i have not beaten it yet... (FREAKIN BEASTLORDS IN QUINCY) I found it too easy, so I turned up the difficulty after 2 missions.... and now its harder than fallout 1 was. I never got past the second town in fallout 2, i had to reformat... better reborrow it from my cousin... What is coolest about the fallout series is the ability to change difficulty... so use it!!!!!

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2003 12:21      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PIPBoy2000:
Thats why Fallout:Tactics sucked

Then Fallout 2 is the worst game ever made.

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2003 13:32      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Not really, I got the pipe gun and I only played it for a few hours, but my dad's computer crashed like a week after I started it and I only see him on the weekends. i just kinda got lost.... I just did a few minor side quests like savin the guy who got lost in the first town after ypur tribe, but that was about it. I couldn't kill the slavers with a freaking pipe gun and a sharpened spear.... im a sniper by nature DAMMIT.... And I never turn the fallout difficulty level below normal, i usually keep it at high. Oh well ill be playing it again soon enough anyway... plus im wiser because of beating fallout 1 many times now... fun fun eye shots....

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2003 15:18      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
fallout tactics is the worst fallout game! it is very boring.Every time you start it you get bored around mission 6-7 IT IS NOT LIKE FALLOUT 2 AND FALLOUT 1 DAMMIT!!!!!! [Smoking]

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 14:33      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
whatever.... [Angry]

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 22:36      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
OK calm down guys, behave like adults

I have said all i have to say on tactics and so have all the other old members, but new arguments are interesting i guess..

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 16, 2003 12:44      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ye-up, Slurry is right. Feel free to debate this, but us old members are probably gonna sit it out. And be sure that you keep everything calm and intellectual, or the thread will be closed and I may have to bring out my Big Admin Stick™

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 12:15      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Not the ADMIN STICK
If you don't like tactics dont whine about it on the forums, just dont comment, because Hardcore tactics fans such as myself dont like to hear it. in exchange i will stop saying its not that bad on any forum exept the TACTICS ONE!!!! IF YOU CANT STAND THE GAME DONT GO ON TO THE FORUM FOR IT!!!!

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 14:48      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheh, but you have to remember, I don't like Tactics and this is even my site

Oh well. *takes a seat near the back of the room*

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 03:56      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

If I may ask what room...I would really like to know... And I allways like pixies more they don't step on your feet as hard as dragons... Though I like dragons too but that's a other story.

--------------------

quote:

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 05:36      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I want some of the shit he's smoking man!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 08:08      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, must be some good stuff to be able to so randomly derail a topic [Smoking]

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 10:37      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Yoohoo that was my goal I did it again!

--------------------

quote:

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community