my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 3   » On Line PLAY!!!! (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: On Line PLAY!!!!
fluffy_munky
Outsider
Member # 93

Rate Member

posted December 15, 2002 18:56      Profile for fluffy_munky   Email fluffy_munky   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
dude it would b sooo awesome if it had fallout online!! i would play it all day and all night... NEVER EVEN EAT [Depressed] oh well someday... for now i guess i'll have to live w/ never winter nights... [Sleepy] its a pretty good game... look into it!!

--------------------

( \ / )
(o_O)

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted December 15, 2002 21:01      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah...?

--------------------

"I'll give you just one piece of advice... Dying hurts like hell." - Heero Yuy

Posts: 937 | From: Classified | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted December 18, 2002 00:35      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah, played it in the shop, its pretty cool

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 18, 2002 18:19      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, F3 has to be multiplayer. They could do it kind of like they did Diablo, because that was more like an RPG I thought.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 19, 2002 05:39      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh man, I hate diablo so much.

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 19, 2002 12:27      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
WHAT! I LOVE DIABLO 2 EXP. It's the best game out there!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted December 19, 2002 15:54      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Diablo is tight online...except for when morons that have a high level try and kill you when your low and then ya cant finish the quest. And its hard to find really good items.

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 19, 2002 17:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I think Diablo is a good game, except only online. Diablo 2 had a lot of glammer in it and a bunch of needed improvements from the original, but for me it had no replay value.

Oh well.

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted December 19, 2002 17:21      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes well I recon Fallout 3 shoudl be online as well as in like you make your character and you all start in different locations and shit and shit and do all the quests and shit and more shit and now you understand why they call me Horny Little Ewok...

--------------------

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted December 20, 2002 15:50      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Yea fallout 3 would be great.. online... and.....
... ... ...
Wait!! Horny Little Ewok??????????............

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Heero Yuy
Vault Champion
Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted December 20, 2002 20:45      Profile for Heero Yuy   Email Heero Yuy   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YOU! LOL! YOU! WHo are you? How do you know what I do after dark! Yes that is my other name!

--------------------

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 22, 2002 19:30      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Um I was guna say something smart and most likly long when I started reading this thread. ... Yeah when I got done reading I totally lost any sanity I had left, which you all know was none. .... I so lost wtf this was about it's almost not worth posting but i'm too bored and must do something before my brains melt out my ears any further.

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 22, 2002 21:49      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lololol...

nah, i'd opt more for a fallout mmorpg. ... hey, wass the diff between diablo online and a mmorpg?

--------------------

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 22, 2002 22:11      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
*Brains melting and leaking out the ears*

...uh what mmorpg?

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 22, 2002 23:10      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, any mmorpg. I never played diablo online. But I suppose it's the same as any standard mmorpg.

-all players log on to the blizzard servers.
-the game never stops, and is spanned on all the levels simultaneously.
-you have a character, and you can die.
-you got quests.
-you can talk to others.

it seems it makes the basic mmorpg no?

--------------------

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 08:28      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In the meantime, may I suggest Neocron.

Star Wars Galaxies looks amazing - you can drive a landspeeder etc.

I'm going to buy it just to see if the rumours about setting Ewoks on fire is true!

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 12:15      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Damn now you made me add another thing to my endless christmas list of wants.

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 12:49      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Um, you kinda got Diablo wrong. You can get kicked off for spamming in a channel, and occasionally the realms go down so you can't play until they go up. There are 5 acts in 3 different difficulties. The difficulties are Normal, Nightmare, and Hell. Yes you can die, but you get your body back after hitting the esc button. There are 3-6 quests in all of the acts and all of the difficulties. And finally, you can talk to a lot of other people. I have a maxed friends list on there and the list can only have 25 people on it. And you can talk to people who are on other Battle.net games.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 13:06      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
quote:
Originally posted by Stapes:
I have a maxed friends list on there and the list can only have 25 people on it.

And I thought I had a sad life! j/p

BTW, as for Nightmare and Hell, it's just a repeat of Normal but harder. Not much fun nor creativity.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted December 23, 2002 17:11      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So how is it, you can choose to start a game or join one?
Like when you join one, the other players have already killed half of the monsters and you finish it off with them?

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 17:46      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, pretty much. Plus, if you join a game and a different person in the game has already completed a quest, you can't complete it. So in that aspect, you're screwed, especially at the beginning. You're better off just creating a game then.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 18:40      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Yeah it was fun for like a while... then it got old read fast.........

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 18:53      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I don't think that Diablo will ever get boring for me. Most of my friends on there I don't know, but they give me stuff if my stuff is shitty. They will even rush me through normal, nm, and hell. They are the main reason that I play the game. I just haven't been able to play the game because I've been gone since Friday and wasn't home the whole week before because I was doing shit with my friends!

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 19:00      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Well I always had shit friends that killed me and tricked me into giving my crap to them... plus I never bought the expansion so that also made me lose interest. But it is getting old now so it's pointless. Best find some other rpg to kick ass on.

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 23, 2002 19:01      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Stapes, that's exactly why I stopped playing Diablo 2!

If I wanted to have absolutely no challenge, sit on my ass, and get helped through every quest, act, level, and be handed stuff, I would rather do something else. So much for having a meaningful character. So much for actually putting forth any effort in the game. So much for having fun.

Go Progress Quest! In that aspect, it's a lot better!

[ December 23, 2002: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2002 09:02      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Progress Quest isn't that great of a game. I mean, all you do is watch the little bars fly across the screen and eventually lose interest!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2002 09:49      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, but what's the fun in D2 if you don't do anything? You get levels, quests, and items handed to you. What's the fun in that?

I liked it better when it first came out. Me and one of my friends got it within the first few months of it's release. Those were the days. Playing with Necromancers, going through quests and everything together, not being rushed or handed items. Everything that we did we did on our own. It was a lot better.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2002 15:22      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Yeah those were the days...

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted December 24, 2002 17:21      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
yea they were.............Wait what the hell am I talking about I never was on it that soon.....o well its true that it got old fast.

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted December 25, 2002 03:32      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol, I honestly can't think of anything to contribute to this conversation At least we are busy again I guess.....

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 25, 2002 14:27      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Scotty, yeah I do occasionally get stuff from friends that quit playing d2.

I'll make a proposition. How about anyone that has the D2 expansion or just regular D2 for that, posts their new account name and we all go on one night or something and just start leveling and stuff. That way, we wouldn't be getting free shit from other people, and it would be more of a challenge!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 25, 2002 16:08      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Maybe. That might work.

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted December 26, 2002 01:35      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Stapes your a genious, only thing left to do which I leave to you. Is how will the people with the expansion play with the peeps without one? Specially if they wana have a class fromt the expansion!... oh well

--------------------

fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted December 26, 2002 10:31      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Well, it is quite simple actually! There is an option when you are creating a character to have it expansion or regular d2. Then later, if you want to move the char to expansion, you can.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted December 26, 2002 11:02      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, if everyone doesn't have the expansion, we'll just play regular until they get it.

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community