my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » Other games (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Other games
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2003 12:09      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
I bought MAX PAYNE 2 it rocks!!!!!!

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2003 12:23      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Games I bought that rock? Hmm, Conflict Desert Storm 2: Back to Baghdad, Smackdown!: Shut Your Mouth, Smackdown!: Feel the Pain, and Cabela's Deer Hunt 2004. All of them for PS2 obviously.

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2003 14:14      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
haven't you got any for the PC I have GTA Vice city

--------------------

quote:

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2003 15:28      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't really have time for games these days. I might get Max Payne 2, though.

--------------------

Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors.
But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2003 15:41      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Ratty it is a very good game

--------------------

quote:

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2003 22:48      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I usually don't need any computer games. Fuck, PS2 has better graphics, so I just buy the games for PS2. I myself don't have any time for games either. I haven't gotten to play my games that much.

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 02:01      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Yes you do,you have fallout 1,2 and tactics

--------------------

quote:

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 05:01      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well the game im playing at the moment is Primal on the PS2, now thats a good game. Im planning to go hire and burn me a whole load of PC games to celebrate my new kickass computer.
Which reminds me, where is a good site to download game burning cracks?

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 05:27      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
You can try at www.megagames.com or www.cracks.st or www.cracks.am

--------------------

quote:

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 06:40      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Well Alderon has found combo of free P2P things on which he can download everything! He allready downloaded game's like Max Payne 2 and Morrowind: Bloodmoon and all that kinda new stuff... He's just great

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 06:46      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Who?

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 06:56      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Hey if u guys have PS2 ull b able to tell us about Faloout 3 for the PS2!

[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: Gauss Bumper ]

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2003 18:12      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Two things:

1) Alderon is a guy from The Order.
2) PS2 graphics sux0rz when compared to my computer. It's got nothing on me.

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 03, 2003 09:53      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PS2 SO DOESN'T have better graphics than PC.

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 05:04      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Well lets not get into the whole console vs pc thing. I would say its all convenience vs sheer grunt. I mean a GOOD computer is way better than a ps2, but a bad one isnt. All ps2's are the same but not all computers are. You can guarantee every game you buy for the ps2 will work exactly as it was designed to, but thats not the case with a pc.

I like both myself, there are some games that just dont feel right on a pc, like RPG games. But you cant play RTS games on the ps2 and i like those, and FPS games blow on consoles compared to a good ass kicking computer. And city building games like Pharaoh and Caesar 3....and stuff like Homeworld and Imperium Galactica, i love those kinda games and consoles just dont deliver them.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 08:45      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I disagree with you. I believe PC can deliver ANY game genre WAY better than a console. PC games are technologically superior to their console counterparts and can be a lot more complex in terms of control and realism, primarily because gamepads are designed for 2D gaming and are very inconvenient when it comes to more complex 3D games and simulations. Reason why some genres, such as fighting games and arcades, are a rarity on PC isn't because PC is incapable of delivering them properly or because they "feel better" on a console, but simply because there is no market for them. PC gamers for the most part demand much more complexity and depth from a game, than a simple Tekken or Burnout or Crash Bandicoot can provide.

P.S. IMHO all console RPGs suck bigtime.

--------------------

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 10:02      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Hey calm down! consoles like (PS2 XBOX GC)are only for fun.But a PC is a whole multimedia machine.PCs are being produced with very high technology.others see it this way C is a console which has millions of games and programs and of course millions of upgrades.in the internet you can find all sorts of emulators about all the consoles,so why buy a console if you can play theese games on a PC?That is my opinion.In a few months an emulator for XBOX and PS2 will be downloadable

--------------------

quote:

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 10:40      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
One of the major downfalls of console games is the blocky look and feel of 3D things. Look at any (hell, make that ALL!) wrestling games, especially those produced by the WWE. The characters look like walking blocks and polygons. Now gander over at the PC and look at Mechwarrior 3. That is how 3D graphics are supposed to feel. The Mech doesn't look like it is forced into the shape; it looks real instead.

Plus, PCs can go further than consules can. A good computer will last longer and will be compatible with more games as time goes on than a consule will. Look at my computer, for instance; chances are I won't have to update for the necessity of games until 2015. How many consul lovin' people are still going to have their PS1's then, and how many games are gonna be made for them at that time? Plus, there is the upgrade factor of computers. You can upgrade a computer, but you can't upgrade a console. Sucks, don't it?

quote:
Originally posted by Slurrydevil:
I like both myself, there are some games that just dont feel right on a pc, like RPG games.

What the -? FALLOUT AND FALLOUT 2 WERE RPG GAMES FOR THE PC!!! What's even more disturbing is that nobody caught this sooner!

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 11:12      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
I totally agree

--------------------

quote:

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 14:20      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like I said, not only are PC's role playing games far better than those for consoles, but in my opinion, all console RPGs suck. No surprise, really, considering that highest achievement in console RPG development is a silly (non)interactive movie known as "Final Fantasy". And I mean "interactive movie" in the most degrading, humiliating way possible.

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 22:19      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Scotty, you would be incorrect about not being able to upgrade consoles. PS2 can be upgraded. All you have to do is take it to a store and they will usually install more RAM or add more shit to it. I've had more Ram installed on my computer.

As for graphics, nothing looks better than Conflict Desert Storm 2: Back to Baghdad on PS2 with a 42" Flatscreen tv! The graphics could probably kick the shit out of your computer's!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 04, 2003 22:37      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Sure, you have to take it to a store to upgrade. That costs more than just going out, buying the part, and installing it in your computer yourself, which would overall take less time.

And the graphics on my computer has trampled on all console games I've seen so far. I doubt that'll change.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2003 05:12      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Ok for a start, i was largely referring to stuff like Final Fantasy and Breath of fire when i said RPG's. Fallout is an RPG, but in a different sense of the word. You can't really compare to two, unfortunately they share the same genre name.
Secondly, i think the hardcore pc fans here are really firmly entrenched in their beliefs so this is a bit pointless as agruments go.
And Ratty, still thy tongue!! I have been playing Final Fantasy games since the days when PC's were still in their primordial soup stage as far as gaming was concerned. I really enjoy console Rpg's, from the old super nintendo ones to the newer ones, but thats just me, i like them and nothing anyone says is going to change that fact, so there lol

And don't get me wrong, i agree with you about the merits of computers, but i just happen to have a place for consoles in my gaming life and appreciate their merits equally.

[ November 05, 2003: Message edited by: Slurrydevil ]

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 05, 2003 15:53      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've seen Conflict Desert Storm 2. It looks a little better than Operation Flashpoint and barely as good as Battlefield 1942. Simply not enough polygons, and lack of fancy stuff like pixel shading and environmental bump mapping really shows. Bwahahahaha, no match for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or Far Cry! 42" is REAL nice, though...

--------------------

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2003 12:04      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Has anyone ever played Heroes 4? I love this game

--------------------

quote:

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 06, 2003 17:15      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I did,its ok but my version was a bit fucked up,so i kinda gave up on it.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2003 06:06      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
it is perfect

--------------------

quote:

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 07, 2003 07:03      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heroes 4 is not bad, but it sucks terribly when compared to previous sequels. What's up with not being able to upgrade units? And where are those beautiful hand-drawn towns? Why are graphics UGLIER than in Heroes 3? Why was number of towns and creatures reduced? Why does building one structure prevent construction of other structures? Where is online gaming? What the f*** was 3DO thinking with this lame half-assed sequel?

--------------------

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 08, 2003 07:21      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

Bla bla too much to read again!

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted November 24, 2003 19:58      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what do you guys think of wind waker graphics? i personally am disgruntled by them, but that is not say they don't have their merits, such as.......hmm okay htis is to say they don't have merit, they suck. i like the ocarina of time style much mcuh better.

--------------------

poster of none so much

Posts: 41 | From: keizer oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2003 09:51      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
Well I have all of zelda games.Wind waker has beautiful cell shaded graphics.But the thing is that the gameplay of the game is excellent as ocarina of time.I'm saying it it doesn't matter so much what the graphics are but only the gameplay.In my opinion the graphics at wind waker were great

--------------------

quote:

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 26, 2003 01:07      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i got final fantasy 11 on PC today, so far usual FF thing, also got tony hawks underground....NICE =), might buy LoTR:Return of the king but heard its lamer than the first one, easy short and boring....

--------------------

"Death is the passage of life into the next"-unknown
"a noob is just an unexperianced veteran"-me to raz 2004

Posts: 84 | From: Cincinnati OH, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scott Aran
Outsider
Member # 149

Rate Member

posted November 26, 2003 12:42      Profile for Scott Aran   Email Scott Aran   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i agree with gameplay over graphics, but the cartoony graphics doesn't really belong the zelda world. i played the two towers game and it was to short. id skip this one to. even if just because they released it before the movie.

--------------------

poster of none so much

Posts: 41 | From: keizer oregon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 27, 2003 06:03      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
you know.We play games for fun,alright?so what is funnier than a super mario game or a zelda game with funny graphics?I don't say that games with good graphics are bad but,hey we play for fun.In my opinion you get bored more easily with a game with good graphics than another with medium graphics,take fallout 1 and 2 for example you never get bored whaen you are playing it,you like the gameplay a lot,am I right?but if you play Morowind you get bored more easy than fallout 1 and 2,although it has EXCELLENT graphics.Think about it

--------------------

quote:

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 27, 2003 06:10      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yeah its substance over graphics in my opinion. I mean Fallout 1&2 didnt exactly have cutting edge graphics, but they has the best concept and gameplay you could hope for.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community