my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Other   » Stupid Stuff   » Im back!! (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Im back!!
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted February 11, 2003 20:36      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Yes im finally back, and yes I think I owe you guys, especially Scotty an explanation.

My computer completely broke down at the exact same time as my Dad moved house. With one computer broken and the other not able to be unpacked until a suitable place was cleared to store it I was completely out of the loop. I have no other access to any other computers and I was too busy to go to an internet cafe or anything.
I tried in vain to fix my computer but in the end I gave up and got someone smart to fix it for me (who took ages)

So its done and im back and I hope not to leave again.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted February 11, 2003 21:54      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ah well, welcome back man. I was sure you were on a special mission with the elite krew in Irak.

btw, what did the guy do? reinstall the whole thing eh?

in any case, welcome back

--------------------

jump on her and demand sex!

Posts: 399 | From: montreal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 11, 2003 22:37      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Welcome back Slurry! It's nice to see your not dead.

Now get on MSN so we can talk

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 11, 2003 23:41      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*tear comes to eye* IT'S BEEN AWHILE SLURRY! WELCOME BACK!

If that would have happened to me, I would have just bought a new computer. Well, actually it depends which one was cheaper. Fixing or new!

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 12, 2003 06:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
In situations like that, I'm always glad that I have two computers, so I have one to fall back on if the other crashes

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 12, 2003 16:35      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I think that I might have to buy another computer so when this one blows up or crashes, whichever s first, I'll have a spare one!

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted February 12, 2003 17:31      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
What if both of em break hahaha
Then ur still screwed....
Im going to buy one....sometime i guess...
but my back up plan is my friend

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 12, 2003 17:40      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I don't have any friends that actually have a good computer. Hell, most of my friends don't even have the internet.

Most of my friends actually have to come over to my house to check their e-mail and shit. It sucks major ass.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted February 12, 2003 18:29      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wolfy, to see you friend, do you have to get on your ski doo? HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHHH... not funny...

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 14, 2003 07:13      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
...........and after being back long enough to post one message, Slurry disappears into the night once again.

Where the hell did he go this time?!

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted February 14, 2003 14:44      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
hmmmm my ski doo ....Havent heard that one yet and bet it took you a few hours to think it up to!

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 14, 2003 16:25      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Ski Doo? Fuck that. I would rather have a kawasaki over any of the other brands!

As for Slurry, I have no clue. *peeks into the little Slurrydevil den* Nope, no sign of him here.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted February 14, 2003 18:06      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol, well of course living in around 5 ppl that you see 3 times a year you won't hear it often! ;p
I said not funny cause i thought it was a classic you've heard like a zillion times....anyways....

maybe he went to the bathroom?

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 14, 2003 22:48      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Maybe he was captured by the Australian mafia!

Let's go save him!

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted February 14, 2003 23:31      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
pfff australian mafia! I say he's been eaten by crocodiles

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2003 00:42      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*sneaks up behind a croc with a tail hanging out it's mouth* CROICKY! I think we just found him!

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2003 21:11      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
this time he went to his dads expecting his computer to be usable only to find his stupid dad hasnt connected the phone line, gah!

Yeah it was free to get it fixed, it was my Mums office nerd, and yeah he reformatted it, works great now! (well compared to before)

Shhhh, you guys aren't supposed to know about my covert operations, now ill have to silence you all!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2003 22:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, did you stick with Windows 98 when you reformatted, or did you upgrade?

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2003 23:52      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*runs and hides so Slurry can't find him* Slurry, you think you are so clever, well I bet you won't find me hiding behind the big tree to your left!

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted February 16, 2003 08:56      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I got Windows 98 version 2, instead of the old version, it seems to run a little better, but basically I just cleaned out four years of shit.

*throws grenade behind tree on his left*

Gee, I wonder what happens if I do this?

*Calls in napalm strike on tree*

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 16, 2003 10:24      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
lol, Slurry's such an environmentalist! [Tongue Job]

Anyways, I don't have much experience with the original version of Windows 98, mainly because I only used it on one of my friend's comps when they had it.

The first real OS that I had was Windows 95, then Windows 98SE, and finally Windows XP, which is surprisingly better than I thought it would be.

Ah well.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted February 16, 2003 17:33      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
omg 4 years without reformatting!!! that's omg never seen like it.

neways, you mom's office nerd, if he was a good nerd, would've told you how you could've saved the stuff you wanted...

just by removing the hd, putting it as a secondary hd on a friend's computer with a burner, and then burn the stuff you want...

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 16, 2003 21:47      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*wipes his forehead* HAHAHAHAH! I was behind the tree on the right!

*runs like hell as he sees the fighter jets dropping napalm* Better hide behind the HUGE rock on the right!

As for OS's I've only experienced 95 and ME.

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Stapes ]

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted February 16, 2003 23:59      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
Hey~!!! *Kicks Stapes*

Get your own rock!!! Everyman for himself!!!

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 17, 2003 15:27      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
*throws Wolfy out into the open* SCREW YOU TOO!

Why would you jeopardize our um....yeah.....like that?

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 17, 2003 15:47      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I don't even want to know what you guys are talking about!

And seeing how this post is going downhill fast, I'm moving it to the Stupid Stuff forum.

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted February 18, 2003 10:23      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey, let the kids play

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 18, 2003 15:32      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
He is letting you guys play, he just moved the topic into here!

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted February 18, 2003 16:03      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Wow I diden't notice this thread, how odd, and my how fast has it grow. WELCOME BACK!

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 18, 2003 16:26      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
lol, FG, it was originally posted in 'Forum Issues' forum.

And yeah, feel free to carry on. I just thought that this post crossed the stupid threshold and needed to be moved to a more appropriate forum [Tongue Job]

jello
Wandering Hero
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted February 18, 2003 19:01      Profile for jello   Email jello   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yes, the land of the jello, which has been taken over by the alaskan warrior

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted February 18, 2003 23:29      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Come on Scotty, you should at least give Jello the ability to rule of the Stupid Stuff Forum. I mean, come on. Like anything is going to happen there anyway. I think that it gave Jello a little self-confidence!

FALLOUTGOD
Wandering Hero
Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted February 18, 2003 23:54      Profile for FALLOUTGOD   Email FALLOUTGOD   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 161401573   
Not exactlly stapes, it gave his responsibility that made him act in far better manner. If you put wieght upon a mans shoulders he does not as easily jump about and act as freely. I think he felt like he had to act more mature with the responsibility in hand. Loss of it has made him just another poster and the need to spam has been breeding more freely like a weed set upon fresh soil.

--------------------

xcuse me while i kill my self
blow my brain across the wall
fuck you all, how do you do
fuck me? fuck you too
and now i end this all

xcuse me while...... i kill my seeeeeeeeeeeeeelf

Posts: 389 | From: some-place-near-hell | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2003 07:01      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
You guys have to remember that jello was part of the Proconsul, which placed him as one of the most powerful people around here.

I don't see what the big deal of being moderator of the Stupid Stuff forum is anyway. Oh well.

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2003 17:19      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty the Great:
I don't see what the big deal of being moderator of the Stupid Stuff forum is anyway.

Shheeeeshhh scotty have you lost your mind!!!

This is one of the most important of them all!

--------------------

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community