my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » Movie Quote Game! (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Movie Quote Game!
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 16, 2003 19:29      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
This is how this will work. I'll name a movie quote to start things off. The person who names which movie the quote is from gets to post the next quote. If no one guesses a quote within a day (twenty-four hours), then the person who posted the quote must say which movie it was and post another quote. The winner is whoever posts five quotes in a row that nobody knows. Eh, hopefully this all makes sense, and if not, just ask.

Anyways, here is the quote:

"Isn't it amazing how quickly everyone can turn against you?"

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Neo Java
Wanderer
Member # 125

Rate Member

posted September 16, 2003 22:41      Profile for Neo Java   Email Neo Java   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UHHH OK THEN

--------------------

Neo Java

Posts: 63 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Neo
Wanderer
Member # 124

Rate Member

posted September 17, 2003 00:34      Profile for Neo   Email Neo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i havent got a clue

--------------------

Neo

Posts: 68 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2003 02:16      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I know this one, but I'll try to give other people a chance at getting it first!

Clue: "Getting Jiggy Wit It"

Posts: 2150 | From: Sconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2003 05:45      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever!!

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2003 08:29      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Ok, ok. You guys have no idea? Well, it truly is an American film, especially with the title.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2003 10:05      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, it's obvious this dialogue is 'inner monologue and therefore it's a film that centres around a single chatacter. It's got an American title, so I'm just gonna say 'American Psycho'.

Either that or some TV-movie of The Wonder Years!

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2003 12:59      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I'm just going to ruin it for you all! Independence Day! I think it was the President that said it.

"There is something about him, isn't there?"
"Don't tell me you're a believer now?"

Two quotes said in a row in the movie!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2003 22:39      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
That one is really obvious. But I'll see if anyone else knows it before I wake up.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 18, 2003 10:19      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Matrix.

"Many of these men have seen too many winters."
"Or too few."

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 18, 2003 12:36      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
No clue.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 18, 2003 13:35      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Hm, seems familiar...... Lemme think about it.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2003 12:43      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Well, no one got it. rad, go again.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2003 03:27      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Two Towers, geez!

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2003 11:10      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I figured it was one of the LotR movies, but couldn't decide which one to guess. Oh well, no big deal.

As for that one, I'm not sure, but I'll take a shot at it. Even though it's been a while since I seen it and am not even sure if it's right, I'll guess Blade Runner.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2003 11:10      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bingo!

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2003 16:14      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I never even heard of a movie called Blade Runner.

Scotty, have you been cheating? I mean, it is easy to cheat in this game! I actually knew the first one, because it was on TV the night before you posted it and I watched the whole movie!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2003 17:56      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Neh, I wouldn't cheat. I just guessed. Blade Runner is an older movie, starring Harrison Ford. I'm suprised you haven't heard of it nor seen it. You're missin' out.

Anyways, for my quote:

"Am I coming to see you?"
"Yeah, soon, I hope; but, uh, first I need you to pack off the boys."
"Now?"
"Yes, I know, the day you never thought would arrive, has."

[ September 21, 2003: Message edited by: Scotty the Great ]

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2003 21:08      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
No clue.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 21, 2003 05:09      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stapes:
I never even heard of a movie called Blade Runner.

Scotty, have you been cheating? I mean, it is easy to cheat in this game! I actually knew the first one, because it was on TV the night before you posted it and I watched the whole movie!

You haven't seen Blade Runner?!?!
You haven't heard of Blade Runner?!?!

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~stvens/stvens_br.htm

"Blade Runner (BR) is a science-fiction film starring Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young, and Daryl Hannah.

Although it was a box-office failure, it has become perhaps the definitive cult movie, and is one of the few films which remain faithful to the ideals of 20th century science fiction literature.

Blade Runner was directed by Ridley Scott, and features music by Vangelis."

And I can't get it Scotty, you win.

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 21, 2003 17:25      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
That quote was from Hannibal.

Now for the new one, which I doubt anyone will get:

"Well here's my first question: do you think it's a little dangerous handing guns out in a bank?"

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 22, 2003 06:30      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Hah!!! I so got you! Thats from Bowling for Columbine!, I know it is!!

Now its my turn:
"There is an old saying, never point a gun at someone, because it just might go off!"

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 22, 2003 07:38      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
I actually just watched Bowling for Columbine the other day. I kept hearing about it at The Order, so I said, 'hell, why not just rent it and watch it' which I did!

As for yours Slurry, I'm not totally awake, and I don't know it.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 22, 2003 10:45      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Damn it Slurry, no one was supposed to get that! I even had a good idea for my next quote!

But it'll have to wait; I don't know which movie yours is from.

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 22, 2003 12:22      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Scotty, more than likely if Slurry wouldn't have gotten it, I would have.

Knight_Wolf
Wandering Champion
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted September 22, 2003 17:55      Profile for Knight_Wolf   Author's Homepage   Email Knight_Wolf   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 1477479369   
hmm dont know

--------------------

If a man in a purple robe was crossing a bridge but snaps as he falls to his death and nobody is there to hear does he make a noise?

Posts: 179 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 23, 2003 10:44      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right that's Slurry's turn now...

Build a tent, get out the camping gear!

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 23, 2003 12:46      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheh, yeah.

SLURRY, POST ANOTHER QUOTE!

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 24, 2003 07:24      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Thats one to the Slurry!

Ok that quote was from 'The Phantom' y'know the movie of the comic....you guys must be from mars if u haven't seen that, its like six-seven years old!..

ok a new quote....hmmmm...ok here goes:

'Awwww, did your Mommy buy you a 'puter for christmas?'

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 25, 2003 10:11      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Damn it Slurry, post another one.

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 27, 2003 05:34      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
I did you fule, its right there at the bottom of the last post!!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 27, 2003 07:06      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No another one after that. Scotty isn't stupid!

--------------------

Stapes
Paragon
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted September 27, 2003 10:39      Profile for Stapes   Email Stapes   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 131549933
Nobody got that one, and after 24 hours, you are supposed to post another one if the previous one didn't get guessed! Or something like that.

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 27, 2003 22:23      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah Slurry. Pay attention to the instructions [Tongue Job 1]

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2003 08:20      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Oh fine you 'tards, ill post a quote! btw the last quote was from the movie 'Hackers', y'know the one with Angelina Jolie in it when she wasn't famous

Ok I gotta think about this, im on a roll....

"Well at the moment you ain't commanding but two things, Jack and Shit. And Jack Left Town!"

--------------------

- Nietzsche

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community