my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scotty the Great's Fallout Community   » StGFC Forums   » Fallout 3   » Fallout 3 soon? (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Fallout 3 soon?
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2003 10:30      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Slurry, I hope you know what you're getting yourself into

Anyways, I have one more comment about Tactics. Fallout 1 and 2 were great games in their genre of RPG. Tactics, though, was considered by many to be an okay game for its genre of tactical combat. So those who went out and bought Tactics when it was released and hadn't played either F1 or 2 may recieve the impression of the Fallout series just being 'okay'. They may think Tactics is an alright game and not be compelled to go out and check out F1 or 2. That's just a theory that I heard a long time ago over at The Order and I thought it made sense. Comments? *looks over to rad* [Tongue Job 1]

Posts: 2906 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2003 10:31      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHO CARES!

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Posts: 466 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2003 10:38      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
*jumps back* Relax, relax! I was just making a fairly irrelevant point.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2003 11:10      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry!

EDIT: And anyway, I thought this was Happy Valley. I thought everyone always thought I had a little giggle every post. Oh well.

[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: rad-x ]

--------------------

As I gaze up at the night sky in my own fair time, I look back down and see the devastation. This post-nuclear world. It's terrible. But at least we got Nuka-Cola, warm and flat, the drink of the post-apocalyptic civiliztion. Generation Next!

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2003 13:07      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Yeah, well, that usually is the case, but that post didn't seem that way. Then again, maybe I missed something.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2003 15:24      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay - from now on, the only time I'm unhappy is when I use this... [Disapprove]

--------------------

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted September 30, 2003 22:02      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
Alright, sounds good. As for me, meh, we'll see when and if that time comes

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted October 01, 2003 10:05      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay for me...

[Approve] - HAPPY

[Disapprove] - UNHAPPY

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 02, 2003 09:48      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol, it make you look like a Roman Emperor or something Rad

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Posts: 950 | From: Perth West Australia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted October 02, 2003 11:23      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[Approve]

Okay that's it. Bring in the tiger!

--------------------

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted October 04, 2003 03:10      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
lol now we just need some Christians or members of subversive groups to feed to the lions like the Romans did...

Or gladiators....gladiators are good.

--------------------

What is new is always evil, being that which wants to conquer and overthrow the old boundary markers and the old pieties; and only what is old is good. The good men are in all ages those who dig the old thoughts, digging deep and getting them to bear fruit - the farmers of the spirit. But eventually all land is depleted, and the ploughshare of evil must come again and again.

- Nietzsche

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted October 08, 2003 11:52      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
can anyone teel me a site about F3?

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 08, 2003 12:08      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
I would recommend trying http://www.nma-fallout.com/fallout3/faq.shtml

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2003 01:47      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
as my opinion, there wont be another fallout for PC..ever. face it, fallout isnt what u can call a major hit thus not attracting sponsers, also they streching it a bit far. 1, 2 tactics and comming brotherhood on PS2 and X-Box.....if they keep doing this the ppl will just dwindle....look at Age of Empires...for you that hasnt heard of t its a reat time game that attacts thousands of players each day one of the biggest online game in the world, but, after 2 came out they tried a side one (kinda like fallout tactics) like a number 3 called Age of Mythology...it floped so bad....but hey i could be wrong, but i dont see how a fallout 3 can happen...

--------------------

"Death is the passage of life into the next"-unknown
"a noob is just an unexperianced veteran"-me to raz 2004

Posts: 84 | From: Cincinnati OH, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 06:53      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Ok, thats a good way of getting yourself stoned to death around here Phox! Fallout not a major hit......heresy!!

lol jk, anyway I would say that Fallout and Fallout 2 were pretty major hits, although perhaps not in the maintream genre hopping game players slice of the consumer pie. Its more a dedicated cult following hit. Luckily u didn't say that in TO or they would dip you in a vat of flaming brahmin dung! Those guys take their Fallout seriously!

But we hold out hope that Slack Isle/ Intergay will actually listen to the Fallout fans and make us a goddamn sequel!!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 07:12      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
I doubt it.
However,in the worse case we can blow the up.

--------------------

No one is perfect

Posts: 756 | From: Israel | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 09, 2003 10:17      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ah yes the devoted players, its not i hate fallout I LOVE IT but i dont lets my devotion blind me how unpopular the game was (compared to like starcraft, AOE or baldurs gate) i mean i understand what ur saying but hey face the truth.

--------------------

Jim
Wandering Hero
Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 10:26      Profile for Jim   Email Jim   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 191605699
YOU just dig your grave kid.(kidding)

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Gauss:
Look whos talking,the least posting member of the community.

Posts: 243 | From: Greece | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 09, 2003 10:47      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
It wasnt really popular only b coz there was no multiplayer,unlike crappy starcraft and friends...
If there was a multi-it was like diablo trust me,

--------------------

No one is perfect

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 06:38      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
Ok comparing Starcraft and Fallout is an instant execution ticket for you my boy!! Pip, don't forget the sharpen the axe! lol

No seriously i like Starcraft well enough (but there is a vocal majority here that despise it) but it simply doesn't compare to Fallout due to its apalling lack of originality. But Gauss is spot on in saying that a major part of its sucess is its multiplayer facet, which Fallout lacks. That and its association With Warcraft.
And Baldurs gate is Fallouts gay tight wearing bastard half brother!! Any game with weapons called 'Level One' and that standard of voice acting is just painful to me. The reason i bought Fallout in the first place is i liked the BG style system of play but i didn't want to see a single orc or elf. I wanted something bad ass!

--------------------

- Nietzsche

PIPBoy2000
Wandering Champion
Member # 133

Member Rated:

posted November 10, 2003 21:39      Profile for PIPBoy2000   Email PIPBoy2000   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Lonely_Phox:
as my opinion, there wont be another fallout for PC..ever. face it, fallout isnt what u can call a major hit thus not attracting sponsers, also they streching it a bit far. 1, 2 tactics and comming brotherhood on PS2 and X-Box.....if they keep doing this the ppl will just dwindle....look at Age of Empires...for you that hasnt heard of t its a reat time game that attacts thousands of players each day one of the biggest online game in the world, but, after 2 came out they tried a side one (kinda like fallout tactics) like a number 3 called Age of Mythology...it floped so bad....but hey i could be wrong, but i dont see how a fallout 3 can happen...

Get the fuck out!

hehehe...JK

You're allowed to have opinions here....

I for one disagree completly with you, and Fallout 3 WILL happen.

--------------------

I sometimes get lonely on the weekends...

The_Lonely_Phox
Wanderer
Member # 147

Rate Member

posted November 10, 2003 21:45      Profile for The_Lonely_Phox   Email The_Lonely_Phox   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
You're allowed to have opinions here....

thats seriously re-assuring, most forums like all FF ones are rules my lame moderators and if you say one thing wrong, OUT YOU GO.....this forum is growing on me...dispite you all dis-like FF

--------------------

Gauss
Vault Veteran
Member # 108

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2003 04:34      Profile for Gauss   Email Gauss   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 292282245
Yea its nice isnt it?

--------------------

No one is perfect

Slurrydevil
Vault Champion
Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2003 06:01      Profile for Slurrydevil   Author's Homepage   Email Slurrydevil   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 106347609   
hey! I like FF, dont forget me!!

But yeah, we argue, we bitch, we fight, but usually we respect the rights of others to hold a separate opinion.

Half the fun of this place is how different people opinions are on some stuff, we argue and bicker about it and I LOVE it! Nothing makes my day more than a good debate.

--------------------

- Nietzsche

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2003 10:27      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Never played Final Fantasy, never will play Final Fantasy.

Why would I want to play an RPG on a console? I mean WHY! My PC isn't going to suffer as a result of Chessboard of Protection + 4 now is it! An RPG on a console! Ha! The idea!

Silly little console boys, with their laughable titles.

RPG! On a console!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Em... what was I saying? [Depressed]

Oh yeah!

--------------------

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2003 11:23      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought someone would defend console RPG's but... silence speaks.

Anyway, could anyone be bothered with Junktown in Fallout 3?

--------------------

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2003 15:42      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Console RPGs are awsome... they just take more interpertation than others... All the Final Fantasy series were origionally on console and they rocked... except 8, 8 sucked.... but that's not the point. The point is console RPGs are usually really good..
There someone defended console RPGs [Tongue Job]

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Posts: 259 | From: Windsor, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 01:59      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Too late. [Cool]

Nah, I was just kidding. I've never played an RPG on a console. But what's the point when the PC is much better at it?

--------------------

Ratty
Wandering Champion
Member # 138

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 04:21      Profile for Ratty     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heresy level of this thread is currently 3. Once it reaches 5, the thread gets locked.

--------------------

Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors.
But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.

rad-x
Vault Citizen
Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 10:24      Profile for rad-x     Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well, I didn't start the process, I just accelerated it a bit.

--------------------

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 14, 2003 15:24      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Ok.....

--------------------

HAHAHAHA! Your lord of chaos has come, feel my wrath and tremble!!! For the Earth will burn with a fiery light and be purifyed and the corruption of the light will be cleansed with darkness

Scotty the Great
Paragon
Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted November 16, 2003 12:53      Profile for Scotty the Great   Author's Homepage   Email Scotty the Great   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 83373429
heheheheheheh, I'm glad the mixture of serious debate and utter sarcasm hasn't faded one bit while I was gone.

Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 17, 2003 12:29      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
They started it....
ill just finish it....
But RPG started on consoles, or do you forget. The origional nintendo was WAY more popular than personal computers for a very long time...
The actual series that is commenly defined as the steriotypical RPG is Final Fantasy! That series has always been on console before computer and I think that they as a series are better on console.

And for the random reason of just asking, I anyone likes fallout tactics and the Final Fantasy series and would like to hear about and interesting Squaresoft game, contact me on the forums......

--------------------

CaliberOnzo
Wandering Hero
Member # 136

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 04:14      Profile for CaliberOnzo   Author's Homepage   Email CaliberOnzo   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    UIN: 163194783   
Hey,

I never took a RPG for the NES though the controls sucked.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:
You're now the official lazy-ass of the Order.

Posts: 313 | From: Netherlands, Woerden | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danoth Dragon God
Wandering Hero
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted November 18, 2003 11:08      Profile for Danoth Dragon God   Email Danoth Dragon God   Send New Private Message     Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote    
Controls for the NES sucked because it was the first widely distributed console, before the PC was widely distributed. at first PC controls sucked too because the early games did not allow customization of controls... [Obsolete] it sucked, i know, but true...

--------------------

All times are Central Time
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Scotty the Great's Fallout Community